Ramses_9's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

My Experience with the Local Guides Program

Hi there!

I have to tell you, I'm excited because I received an email a couple of days ago saying I am eligible to attend the Local Guides Connect Live 2018 in San Francisco, CA. I must say that I'm a Google user since the year 2001, and in the last seven years I have been using Google for personal and professional work. I'm a university teacher in Acapulco, Mexico, and it's amazing how I can achieve more productivity with all the Google Apps, I use them for many reasons in my classes and I encourage my students to use many apps for their homework and projects.

My native language is spanish, so this will add an enriching experience, being able to know other people around the world and share many experiences, I think it's the core of being a local guide: how to tell people through reviews, points of view, advices, pictures and any other information that can help them in the search for answers about the places they want to know and visit. Everywhere I go I try to take pictures and add them with a significan opinion to Google Maps, I also check on a regular basis if there are any misplaced sites that I can correct so that people won't get erroneus information or get confused.

I have many experiences to share, I've traveled in many states in Mexico, I've also been to the US and South America, so I'm open to share anything in order to contribute to the world with my grain of sand, I'd love to get selected and keep working with the program.

Thank you for reading me, best regards to everyone!

Ramses

5 comments
Level 10

Re: My Experience with the Local Guides Program

thank you for sharing @Ramses_9

Good Luck for Connect live 2018 !

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 7

Thank you @iDepp !

Level 10

Hai @Ramses_9 Thankyou for sharing your wonderful experience with us. All the best for your connect live application. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to S.F. in the summer

Level 7

Thank you @Sudhi, it really is such an experience! I remember beginning contributing  with a few opinions and now I'm advancing  more levels by helping people.