SebaasC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

My City Lists from Google Lists

Hello, I was checking my city lists from Google Lists"Populares de la semana : Rosario"  (Popular places to eat and drink)  and the fact that I find some places  that no match with the description of the list.

Screenshot_20200602-011411.png

I found for example a distributor of raw material for bakeries  and a pasta factory  These two places are not restaurants , bars, pubs or places where you can eat or drink.

Both have wrong category the first as Bakery and the second as Restaurant.

Is there any way to report this difference in the list?

Or how can we , the Local Guide (as really local of the city) suggest the edition of the list?

Thank you.

Regards.

Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: My City Lists from Google Lists

Hi @SebaasC

I pointed this out months back here

Also, some featured lists are containing obvious errors as reported here

Providing feedback seems to be our only option. Using the term Featured lists might be helpful. But I'm not super optimistic about such feedback leading to improvements. 

The problems reported here are still existing as of today (June 2020). 

Cheers

Level 10
Level 10

Hello @SebaasC 
At present, there are no possibilities to report errors in lists.
A few are auto-generated, whereas some are from the outstanding local guides in the region.
There is not even an option to contact the local guide or send feedback.

I understand, the "lists" feature is evolving still & needs many refinements. We have to keep on suggesting the requirements in the ideas section only.

Connect Moderator

Excellent illustration of the fact that having the right category on POIs is crucial @SebaasC !

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 9

Connect Moderator

Hi @JanVanHaver

Fixing the categories will not solve this old issue where park in plural is Parker in Danish.  Here you see the result after tapping the Parks card in Copenhagen :

IMG_20200602_080035.jpg

One real park, 2 automation companies, a parking lot and a general practitioner named Jens Parker! 

Not all parks and Parkers are parks! 

Cheers

Level 9

@MortenCopenhagen  I clearly understand what @JanVanHaver  is saying.

Many issues that we face now could be fixed if the categories of the POI's were the correct ones. 

Maybe not the particular problem that you are adding in your comment, but yes other issues.

The point is : starting with a right sort of category of a POI can easily reduce  future "other" problems in the map.

Regards!

Connect Moderator

@MortenCopenhagen that's indeed a striking example of a good idea executed dramatically bad 😁

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply