ZedTransforms's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My Car......

Can I use the 'Local Guides' Badge on my car...  I need a specific answer..

Kottayam, Kerala, India
15 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: My Car......

@ZedTransforms Would you kindly share more details? As stated in our Help Center, "The Local Guides logo is a Google brand identity and is reserved for official use only. Do not use the Local Guides logo, pin, or any other Google imagery in any of your online or offline materials."

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Googler
Solution

@ZedTransforms Would you kindly share more details? As stated in our Help Center, "The Local Guides logo is a Google brand identity and is reserved for official use only. Do not use the Local Guides logo, pin, or any other Google imagery in any of your online or offline materials."

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

@TraciC wrote:

Offline materials! 

Err...does it mean that the Local Guides stickers distributed during the official events (Bangalore Habba event, Bangalore and Hyderabad Geowalks, for instance) cannot be applied to our car windshield or laptop? And that they're just souvenirs 😉

Level 5
Level 5

my best guess is don't use Google materials and imagery to represent as a google employee?  If the original poster is saying he want to get a decal on his car then that is not approved for people may assume it is a google car.  If Google hands out stickers, put them wherever you want on your stuff. This is just my thoughts though.

Connect Moderator

I think what @TraciC was referencing to is that you're not supposed to create any promotional materials using Google or Local Guides logo yourself. I don't see a reason to use any stickers or decals obtained from official Google events in in any way you want (as long as it's tasteful).

The exception is the resource material like bingo mixer, name badgers or stickers Google provided on the Local Guides website. You're free to create and distribute this during your meetups.

Traci please correct me if I'm wrong 🙂

Connect Moderator

Creo que no es para ponerse tan escrupulosos con todo @ZedTransforms, si nos estamos refiriendo a las pegatinas que nos regalaron por ser moderadores, esa la puedes utilizar como desees, por ejemplo yo en particular la pegue en mi iPad, y después compre una de las de Sticker Mule de StreetView, que también pegue en mi iPad, ahora las reglas como bien indica @TraciC, que es muy específico de la marca Google, así a relajarse y usarlo como más te guste. 😀👍

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Level 8

I don't want to replicate a 'google car', I just want to use the the logo just like on the laptop (image)which was added on a quote above.

Connect Moderator

@ZedTransforms, si ese es el caso y el Sticker es el que yo peguen mi iPad, esta ok, no hay problemas, desde mi punto de vista no estás infringiendo las indicaciones. 🚗🏷

Level 5

@ZedTransforms,

You mean like this buddy?My original 2006 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast Roadster with 25,000 miles on the clock which I have owned since new.I put the ZEDSTAR plates on my Z straight after I bought it.With 3,392 points,8799 photos and 35,466,925 views everyone around here knows who I am.

Cheers,

Zed star

There is only one ZEDSTAR.There is only one ZEDSTAR.Read this!Read this!

Connect Moderator

Jajaja una patente personaliza @Zeds, está buenísimo, aquí en Argentina no existen las patente para auto personalizadas. Yo en particular soy poco propenso a querer utilizar esticket o pegatinas en mi auto, nada, como viene de fábrica siempre, ningún aditamento que no sea de origen... pero cada uno puede hacer lo que desee jejeje 👍😀