cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

My 1st post and Favorite photo

Hey 

This is my 1st post! 

This is my favorite photo taken at Moraine Lake Canada. I wish those people where not there but maybe next time i go i can get a better one.

Some info on the lake. 

This lake is located in Banf Canada. You can praticlly drive into the lake but if you wanna keep your car dry there is a car park about 30 sec walk from the waters edge. 

I was traveling with my family and my nan was in a wheel chair and it was easy enough to push her to the lake to enjoy these amazong views. 

There is a lodge next to the car park where you can have a drink and warm up.

This lake also uses to be on a Canadian $20 bill.

20170814_114512.jpg

Moraine Lake, Improvement District No. 9, AB, Canada
9 comments
Level 9

Re: My 1st post and Favorite photo

Nice photo @AGriff

You can add some details about your photo.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @AGriff,

Your first post is amazing! It's very beautiful photo! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Can you please provide more information about this lake?  This way they can be appreciated even more by other Local Guides, and can drive more interaction.

Is this lake situated between the mountains? When did you visit the lake? Did you sale with the boat?

In addition, since you're new to the community, you might want to share a bit about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself - December 2018. You can also read these Tips : Using local Guides Connect.

I would like to point you to an article we have that is going to make it easier for posting on Connect - What makes a good post?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @AGriff,

What an amazing shot! It has a bit of a fish-eye view or am I mistaken? Banff is on my bucket list for photography. The combination of mountains and lakes, and the color of that lake! Wow. I'm curious what equipment did you use for this shot? Looking forward to see more cool photos.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Level 7

@DanniS@H

I shot this with my phone Samsung s7 edge. It isn't a fish eye I took a panoramic and where I have loaded it onto here it compressed it a little.

Hi @AGriff,

Just as a reminder that you can tag Connect members in your posts by writing @ before their name. This way they receive a notification and know that you are trying to communicate with them directly.

Wow @AGriff I didn't know a phone camera could make such incredible photos! Amazing! I gotta try it with mine now. I've never used the panoramic mode, that's fantastic! 

Connect Moderator

Makes me want to get my kayak out from under the house and head for the lake @AGriff thanks for sharing and thanks for adding the info various others have asked for. Welcome to Connect.

Google Moderator

Hey @AGriff,

I love the photo! Moraine Lake is on my bucket list for quite some time now!

What I like the most about this lake is its blue-green colour. I believe it is achieved by the glacial flour which enters the water of the lake. Is that correct?

If you have more pictures from your experience there, do not hesitate to share them as well.

Feel free to check this article 5 tips to take stunning photos on your phone for your next post. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!