DanielTh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Mumbai's famous street-food !!!

Mumbai is a "city of dreams" in India. Known for its super-busy people, it is the economic hub of India. Having been to different parts of this hugely populous city, I stopped by different places, to enjoy the local street food. Here is my street food adventure in Mumbai 🙂

1. Vada-Pav with the traditional 'Teeka Chutney'

Its a vegetarian fast food, where a deep-fired mashed-potato dumpling is stuffed into a soft bread called 'Pav' - A simple yet filling food, which you get just about every lane in Mumbai. It's that popular !!!

Traditional Vada-PavTraditional Vada-PavTraditional Vada-PavTraditional Vada-Pav

There are multiple variants to Vada-pav, depending on how the bread i.e. 'Pav' is served. 

Cheese-topped Grilled vada-pavCheese-topped Grilled vada-pav

Notice the red-chutney ?? Its the local favourite topping 'Dry Garlic Chutney' !!!

2.  At Andheri-local train station, I found another variant i.e. "Samosa-pav". Just replace fried potato with hot samosa !!!
Samosa Pav .. at Andheri Local train stationSamosa Pav .. at Andheri Local train station

3.  When you travel to south of Mumbai to Nariman Point & Fort areas, you'll notice an interesting set-up of a small 2x2 m table, where a person is serving fresh & hot Vegetable sandwich.

Now this is is not your usual sandwich, its Mumbai's Special Vegetable Sandwich !!!

A slice of cucumber & beetroot 'literally' sandwiched between 2 toasted breads and topped with some 'sev', tomato sauce & green chutney !!!

Special Vegetable sandwich !!!Special Vegetable sandwich !!!

Imagine loading so many flavours into a small piece of fast food .. that's mouth watering !!!

Amidst the hustle & bustle of this maximum city, you'll be surprised to get good street food served fresh & hot. Loved trying out all these street food variants in Mumbai !!!

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Mumbai's famous street-food !!!

@DanielTh that's one tasty post you got there 😄 Everything looks so delicious I wish I can teleport myself to Mumbai right away! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing, well written discovery 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Re: Mumbai's famous street-food !!!

@KlaudiyaG thank you for your appreciation.

You should visit Mumbai and explore the street food.. you'll love it !!!