DaniO's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Move reviews from one Google account to another?

I have a Google account that I have left Google reviews with at multiple businesses. I just created a new Google account and wanted to know if I can move my reviews from my old account to my new account?

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Level 9
Solution

Re: Move reviews from one Google account to another?

"Contributions to Google Maps must originate from a single Google account to count towards benefits and cannot be transferred between owned accounts." https://www.google.com/local/guides/rules/

Reviews and photos can't be automatically transferred between accounts, there's no technical way to do it.

Although it's obviously possible to cut and paste reviews from your old account to your new one, you might want to reconsider before starting - it will simply look like the second account is plagiarising the first one in order to quickly gain points. And if you leave the exact same review twice for a business under different accounts you'll look like a spammer. You may end up with one or both accounts suspended.

I'm not sure if there is a rule about having two LG accounts live at the same time, I can't find anything but it may be frowned upon (I think there's a similar rule against multiple MapMaker accounts?).

If you are really determined to copy your old reviews, it may be better to kill the old LG account first so all live reviews are purged from the map. Only then resubmit the reviews via the new account (so long as they weren't time sensitive and they're still valid)

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

@DaniO hi 

Weelcome to our Community...

This is a Important Question... 

But in my opinion this is not Possible... To move my Contribution to another Account.. 

I don't found any Ideas about This...  But if uu face any problem with your old account u can make recovery by using security question or alternative Id... 

Level 5

Ok, I will manually move them one by one then.

Level 9
Level 9
Solution

"Contributions to Google Maps must originate from a single Google account to count towards benefits and cannot be transferred between owned accounts." https://www.google.com/local/guides/rules/

Reviews and photos can't be automatically transferred between accounts, there's no technical way to do it.

Although it's obviously possible to cut and paste reviews from your old account to your new one, you might want to reconsider before starting - it will simply look like the second account is plagiarising the first one in order to quickly gain points. And if you leave the exact same review twice for a business under different accounts you'll look like a spammer. You may end up with one or both accounts suspended.

I'm not sure if there is a rule about having two LG accounts live at the same time, I can't find anything but it may be frowned upon (I think there's a similar rule against multiple MapMaker accounts?).

If you are really determined to copy your old reviews, it may be better to kill the old LG account first so all live reviews are purged from the map. Only then resubmit the reviews via the new account (so long as they weren't time sensitive and they're still valid)

Level 5

Thank you for the thoughts. I think this is the best option for what I am looking to do. 🙂

Level 4

I realize this post is old but has quality information in it. Thank you for providing your thoughts about this issue.

I was looking for a similar solution and believe now that going back to the places I visited with my old account and doing a different review in the new account would be the best option. After which, I would delete the old account.

It's just though that my old account is a Level 5 and this new one is a level 4, 🙂

Thanks again for the great content.

Level 3

I had messed up and accidentally started using a different account to write reviews on. Since I had better reviews on the new account, I decided to just copy and paste the old account reviews to the new one. However, I still had access to the old google account so I simply deleted the old reviews after copying them. The accounts have the same name and photo, so I really hope I can explain that I just goofed on my part. The original account was from pre college, and the new account is post college and more "professional"