Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: LANGUAGE MISLEADING

Hi @JyotiPratim. Thank you for sharing this feedback. While Google Maps currently supports 70+ languages, we are aware that Assamese is not yet supported. We'll pass the feedback along to the Google Maps team and also encourage you to do so in Google Maps.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 8

Re: LANGUAGE MISLEADING

Hi @JyotiPratim,

I got your feeling regarding this fully, as I have been reporting similar issues to Google regarding language use for Places in Taiwan as well.

Basically, I find the following:

1.  There are User provided content, like Shop Name, Address, etc.  The language used for those content are mainly determined by the User.

2.  There are System provided contents, like Categories, etc.  The language used for those content are basically by Google.

So when you are reporting Language specific issues, it will be best to:

a.  Provide the Maps URL for the places in question

b.  Provide Screen Shot whenever possible (If my device is set to use other language, the display result I got will be quite different than yours)

c.  Highlight what information is wrong.  Name, Address, Category, etc.

Effective reporting will help Google Engineers to understand the situation better, and hope faster fixes will follow.

Level 7

Re: another language

اكيد تقدر 

Saeed Kabrah
Level 6

Ynt: More language options in Connect

Hi 

LGC When will you add the Turkish language option? We are waiting.  I hope you are soon add 

thank you

Level 7

How could we start Russian in localize

Hey. I did't find Russian in Languages. So my question is how we could start a new section with Russian language?

Thx.

Level 10

Re: How could we start Russian in localize

Of course @AlexEvsyukov, there is no Russian language in 'CONVERSATION BY LANGUAGE' thread. Also I don't have my native language included just like yours. But you can read the posts by selecting the language. If you choose Russian then you will find the same posts in Russian language. Starting a new section in Russian language is obviously the great thing. I am fully in favor of this.

Level 7

Re: How could we start Russian in localize

Thx @BishowvijayaP

Hope we could do that soon.

Level 8

Procedure

Want addition of my mother tongue language i.e Hindi in language section. What's the procedure?

Former Google Contributor

Re: Procedure

Hi @mhjn,

To read the posts in your own language, you can use our embedded translator on the top right of your post:

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 14.32.25.png

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

Re: Procedure

@MariaBi sorry was talking about conversation by language option in forum