Rcostaval's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

More Local Guides' Meetings

Good day friends

It is clear that we are so many qualifieds Local Guides around the world and the number 150 or even a lilte more will not enough to reach a representative part of us.

In the same way, the tchenologies and upgrades of all smartphones, virtual platforms, networks, web tools, etc move to fast. It is not different for Google Maps and Google's products.

In fact, Google is a "Giant" present in all countries, I supposed.

So, why not think about some kind of Continental Meetings (Americas - Europe - African - Asia - Pacific West - Arabia Countries) (sorry if I forgotten some regions, it is not my intentions) every year and a big event at every two years, as it happens with professionals science, like mine's, medicine.

The rules about financial support and several others relevants questions are others itens to be argued here as well.

That's is my mature reflection after almost six months on Connect Live.

Best regards,

Ricardo

Ricardo Costa Val do Rosário
Belo Horizonte, MG, Brasil
1 comment
Level 8

Re: More Local Guides' Meetings

@Rcostaval   that has been precisely my thinking.  i.e., divide the world into its five continents or four regions and throughout the entire year hold an event for each area with 150 LGs.

Then every two or three years organize a worldwide event with 200 LGs.

This way LGs won't feel so left out or unappreciated.  

@Rcostaval wrote:

Good day friends

It is clear that we are so many qualifieds Local Guides around the world and the number 150 or even a lilte more will not enough to reach a representative part of us.

In the same way, the tchenologies and upgrades of all smartphones, virtual platforms, networks, web tools, etc move to fast. It is not different for Google Maps and Google's products.

In fact, Google is a "Giant" present in all countries, I supposed.

So, why not think about some kind of Continental Meetings (Americas - Europe - African - Asia - Pacific West - Arabia Countries) (sorry if I forgotten some regions, it is not my intentions) every year and a big event at every two years, as it happens with professionals science, like mine's, medicine.

The rules about financial support and several others relevants questions are others itens to be argued here as well.

That's is my mature reflection after almost six months on Connect Live.

Best regards,

Ricardo