غابةا's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Can I earn money from Local Guide ?

Hi Karthik

Google maps content at present runs on crowd sourcing concept wherein people are not paid for their contributions.

@KarthikR wrote:

i will make it more and more posts around my surroundings as a local guide worker,if you give me reward as money thankyou

Level 10

@vijay KrishnaS wrote:

Hi Karthik

Google maps content at present runs on crowd sourcing concept wherein people are not paid for their contributions.

@KarthikR wrote:

i will make it more and more posts around my surroundings as a local guide worker,if you give me reward as money thankyou

Which means; no, you cannot earn money from Google for participating the Local Guides program - and contributing to Google's map. 

Level 5

Money

Can we Earn Money by doing contribution

Level 10

Re: Money

Hi @sujeetb,

@sujeetb wrote:

Can we Earn Money by doing contribution

No, you cannot. The Local Guide program is strictly on a volunteer basis. 

Please, have a look at these useful forum topics to learn more about the program: 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/About-Local-Guides/bd-p/becomelocalguide

Level 5

Re: Money

Thank you Brother

Level 5
Level 5

Is there a way to earn money for being a Local Guide?

I want to know an answer to this question:  Is there a way to earn money for being a Local Guide?

Please don't send me the link to the Benefits page because that doesn't answer my question.  The "benefits" offered are absolutely worthless crap.

People are spending their own time to provide a useful service.  Although it is nice to help out others, it is also nice to get paid, especially for those of us who make the extra effort to take useful photos and provide honest, well written reviews.  Even if we are offered a point system where we can turn points into tangible items (e.g., 500 points = a $__ gift card), that would be great.

If you are able to answer my question in coherent English, I would love to hear from you.  Even better, I would like for a Google employee to man up and address my question. 

Regards,

Bruce 

Level 9
Level 9

Re: Is there a way to earn money for being a Local Guide?

Purely as a Local Guide, no you cannot earn money, nor should LGs accepts gifts of products or services as it creates a conflict of interest.

However as an LG you could also be a Google Street View Trusted Photographer https://www.google.co.uk/streetview/earn/ and sell your services.

Be aware though, if you take photos of a business as a commercial relationship, you must not review that business. That would again create a conflict of interest.

Level 7

No, this product doesn't cover monetary transactions.

Blogs & Youtube are products if you want to earn money.

Google never pay for content, but the advertisers do.

In Maps, No advertisements are involved, so no payment to content people.

Thanks

GD

Level 7

Re: Is there a way to earn money for being a Local Guide?

Hi @BMF

You might not get directly the money for being Local Guide.

IMHO, here is a scenario that you may get money indirectly :

1. You gave Your best useful review
  2. Your review help peoples to make a decision
  3. Your review attract travel agent attention
  4. You got a parttime job bring tourist to the hidden gem of location based on your experience.

Or as @Pea mention:

1. You send your best shoot on Google Streets apps
  2. You ear trusted badges and listed in "available for hire"
  3. people that love your photowork might contact You !

cheers,

Andrey

Level 3

Regarding Guidelines and Payment

Can google pay us to work as a local guide. 

Please reply