Ddimitra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Mom as a Local Guide

Some people think that a Mom is not a profession. In fact, a mom has much more responsibilities than an executive woman at the office.

You should never say "I am just a mom".

And the superb facts, sometimes a mom is also has a cool position in office. 

A mom is the first teacher of their child. 
A mom is the extraordinary chef for their families
A mom is the finance consultant for their families
A mom is the helper for their home
And the list will go on, cause mom has so much responsibilities and abilities.

In the  middle of moms daily activities, moms could have their own time, do their favorite things. 

One of my interest is travelling. But I don't have the time, energy and money to do that.

When I join the local guide program, I usually has an agenda to do my photo shoot and review. See my article here  4 Easy Steps to Contribute

Take a tour around my neighbourhood,  using my bike become a fun activity to do. I always do the tour in theme. And as a mom, my theme is just what mom's needs.

These what I have already did
1. Bakery shop
2. University 
3. Playground
4. City Park

It's surpising when I find unique location and unknown things in my neighbourhood area. I have lived here more than 30 years and still find new and unique things.

And the bonus. I have time for exercise and weight loss during the photo walk or photo bike.  Hahaha.

I just used my mobile phone. I don't use professional camera to take photos.  Since I had this android from Samsung, I feel I can get more creative.

I am proud to be a mom with multi-tasking responsibilities. And now I have new profession.

Mom as a local guide.

So moms! Join me with pride. And be a local guide!

Do, leave your comments mom. Let the world knows that now you are  a Mom and also a local guide.

Warm regards

Devi Dimitra
Jakarta, Indonesia
55 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Mom as a Local Guide

Nice to know about you @Ddimitra

You did great job. Thanks for sharing this post with us. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

@NareshDarji wrote:

Nice to know about you @Ddimitra

You did great job. Thanks for sharing this post with us. 

Hi @NareshDarji

nice to know you too..

thanks for your support!

Level 7

Dear @Ddimitra ,

Mom is everything. 

Whatever we say, we do every credits is goes to only a mom. 

You are absolutely right, the list of a mom responsibilities is very long, may be infinity .... 🙂

Level 7

Very well written! I am a single mom and it is a full time job! Moving from a big city to a very small town 4 years ago, I experienced a lot of frustration trying to navigate directions and sent to the wrong places. I love being a local guide to help other people just like me to become familiar with new area businesses and updating info that is incorrect to prevent others from getting lost like i did! It's a small way of giving back to the community and its become a hobby that i really enjoy. It's one of the few activities i get to do in my "down time"  

Thank you for introducing yourself and bringing attention to what being a mom means! 

Level 10

@Mowsumi_Parvin wrote:

Dear @Ddimitra ,

Mom is everything. 

Whatever we say, we do every credits is goes to only a mom. 

You are absolutely right, the list of a mom responsibilities is very long, may be infinity .... 🙂

Mom is a super woman. 

Level 10

@KellySchork wrote:

Very well written! I am a single mom and it is a full time job! Moving from a big city to a very small town 4 years ago, I experienced a lot of frustration trying to navigate directions and sent to the wrong places. I love being a local guide to help other people just like me to become familiar with new area businesses and updating info that is incorrect to prevent others from getting lost like i did! It's a small way of giving back to the community and its become a hobby that i really enjoy. It's one of the few activities i get to do in my "down time"  

Thank you for introducing yourself and bringing attention to what being a mom means! 

Wow. @KellySchork you are one of the super woman. Being a single parent and have full time job.

Yes you absolutely right. Helping others through Local Guide programs, sometimes just  a simple thing to do, but bring a lot of joy. Sure you will help other MOMS too..

Thanks dear for being a lively mom!

Keep the spirit

*big hug from me

Level 10

Hi @Ddimitra

You are a super woman too ,

It's great to know that You're a multi tasker local guide,how you manage your time ??

Great story,keep inspiring and keep mapping,

Have a nice day

Level 10

@AkmalB wrote:

Hi @Ddimitra

You are a super woman too ,

It's great to know that You're a multi tasker local guide,how you manage your time ??

Great story,keep inspiring and keep mapping,

Have a nice day

Hi @AkmalB

Nice to meet you

Thank you for your kind words

I do 'local guide things'

in my spare Time

But now it becomes an addictive habit

Level 8

Having a single mom is the super woman for chhil.