Petra_M's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Mit érdemes Bulgáriában enni egy ott élő magyar szerint

I'm glad to hear that you liked the Hungarian dishes @helga19, and basically these are my favorites. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Hi @Petra_M,

I'm happy you like the traditional Bulgarian cuisine and congratulations for the great post!

I also enjoy some of the Hungarian dishes like goulash, but I make it more often with pork meat. I wanted to share here what a great traditional bread my sister made for her birthday - we call it pitka, which is something similar to banitsa 🙂 For me the food is more delicious when it is homemade!

Caption: A photo of traditional Bulgarian bread on a table (Local Guide @KatyaL)Caption: A photo of traditional Bulgarian bread on a table (Local Guide @KatyaL)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @helga19,

Nice photo of Shopska salad 🙂 I hope you liked it! Did you know that it actually represents the colours of the Bulgarian flag - white, green and red?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Thank you @KatyaL for this amazing photo! It looks very delicious, and I've tried homemade pitka too, and I can say, that the one from the shop has nothing to do with it. I'm glad to hear that you like goulash.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 9

Thank you @KatyaL for your reply.Really I like Shopska salad very much!

Wow!

I didn't know that it represents the color of Bulgarian flag.

It is very interesting  fact!

Hi @helga19,

I'm happy that you've learnt something new from me 🙂

Shopska salad also goes well with rakia. Have you tried it as well?

Level 9

Thanks @KatyaL for your question.Sure I tried plum rakia.

My daughter and I went to locai Bulgarian village and had there national party with perfect dishes and wine and rakia.

We danced national dances with others people,put on national costumes and had perfect time.

If I find some photos from this party I download.

Have a nice day.

Hi @helga19,

It's great that you had this lovely experience in Bulgaria. I would be really happy to see your photos with the national Bulgarian costumes. Speaking about national costumes I wanted to show you also the traditional martenitsa that we give each other on the 1st of March to wish health and happiness, and also to celebrate in a funny way the beginning of spring time. I hope you will like it 🙂

P.S. If you are interested to read more, here you can find a post about baba Marta.

Caption: A photo of Bulgarian traditional Martenitsa showing a boy and a girl dressed with national Bulgarian costumes (Local Guide @KatyaL)Caption: A photo of Bulgarian traditional Martenitsa showing a boy and a girl dressed with national Bulgarian costumes (Local Guide @KatyaL)

Connect Moderator

This looks very interesting @Petra_M . I did a Google search to find a Bulgarian restaurant near me. Unfortunately,  I could not find one near me. = (  

As for me, recent food I have had while on vacation is Hawaiian food, which is multicultural.  Pineapple and sugar cane were the two agricultural crops that were introduced to Hawaii to grow around 1900.  This brought people from around the globe to work on these plantations. In particular, Japanese, Portuguese, Chinese, Filipinos,  and Koreans laborers. Then with WWII, the American GIs brought American foods, in particular, Spam.

It is very common to eat many different cuisines on one plate because of having so many different nationalities living together. Hawaii is the most diverse state of the U.S

Here is one example of Hawaiian Food. 

Caption: Eat Local - Kauai grown oranges, Limu Poke (Seaweed with Raw Ahi Tuna Sashimi Cube,  Lomi Lomi Salmon (Raw salmon, green onion and tomato salad), Spicy Poke (Sriracha Mayonnaise Raw Ahi Tuna Cubes), Tako (Cooked Octopus), Okinawan Sweet Potatoes, Hawaiian Portuguese Sausage (linguiça), and Japanese sweet rice (short grain)Caption: Eat Local - Kauai grown oranges, Limu Poke (Seaweed with Raw Ahi Tuna Sashimi Cube, Lomi Lomi Salmon (Raw salmon, green onion and tomato salad), Spicy Poke (Sriracha Mayonnaise Raw Ahi Tuna Cubes), Tako (Cooked Octopus), Okinawan Sweet Potatoes, Hawaiian Portuguese Sausage (linguiça), and Japanese sweet rice (short grain)

Since Hawaii is in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, they eat a lot of fresh seafood and fish. The islands are made up of volcanic activity. The dirt is very fertile.  It is very easy to grow things here. The oranges are juiciest I have eaten. 

Cheers,

Karen

Thanks for sharing @KarenVChin, it looks very delicious.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to try Hawaiian food yet, but I'm going to search for a restaurant. It looks very fresh and colorful. I'm pretty sure that these dishes are super healthy as well. I was always a bit envy to the people who lives close to the sea or ocean, because in Hungary we have only the Lake Balaton