SP31's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Missing Points - Review Count & Contributions Panel Not Matching Up

Hi all!

A few days ago, I realized that there was a drastic loss of points in my contributions panel:

2017-06-10 17_17_08-Google Maps.png

However, I've written 500+ reviews, as seen here:

2017-06-10 17_19_08-Google Maps.png

So it seems to be missing a little over 50 full reviews that I contributed, and I am not sure. Can anyone help or assist with this? None of them seemed to violate the terms as they were all counted up until about a few days ago. Thanks!

Link to My Profile

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Missing Points - Review Count & Contributions Panel Not Matching Up

@SP31 See what a local guide had to say about that: @mhjn said " Our LG points will be deducted if our contributed contents are removed.  (If the Place is closed permanently, or contents got flagged as bad.) If you are sure the point losts are not due to removed contents, please observe the details in your LG homepage: https://maps.google.com/localguides/home for 7 days.  (Please see if points from the 5 sub-types add up to the total, and if any of the counts in each sub-type is less, it shows that points are removed due to above reasons)".  And also see what @TraciC said as a follow up " Sometimes, Local Guides may see that their points have been removed because the content they have contributed violates our policies. Sometimes, points also do fluctuate, though generally return to normal within a week. If you're sure that your contributions haven't violated any policies and your points haven't returned to normal over the course of a few days, please share the following information in the public "Feedback & Feature Requests" board:

1) Where are you seeing a loss of points; desktop and/or in the Google Maps app? (Please check both maps.google.com and the Google Maps app if you have access to both)

2) Do you know where you are losing points (reviews, photos, questions, edits, added places)? 

3) How many points have you lost?

4) When did you first notice a loss of points?

@SP31 That is the same thing above I would also say. I hope this can help you to understand the loss of points you had.

Connect Moderator

Re: Missing Points - Review Count & Contributions Panel Not Matching Up

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

@SP31 See what a local guide had to say about that: @mhjn said " Our LG points will be deducted if our contributed contents are removed.  (If the Place is closed permanently, or contents got flagged as bad.) If you are sure the point losts are not due to removed contents, please observe the details in your LG homepage: https://maps.google.com/localguides/home for 7 days.  (Please see if points from the 5 sub-types add up to the total, and if any of the counts in each sub-type is less, it shows that points are removed due to above reasons)".  And also see what @TraciC said as a follow up " Sometimes, Local Guides may see that their points have been removed because the content they have contributed violates our policies. Sometimes, points also do fluctuate, though generally return to normal within a week. If you're sure that your contributions haven't violated any policies and your points haven't returned to normal over the course of a few days, please share the following information in the public "Feedback & Feature Requests" board:

1) Where are you seeing a loss of points; desktop and/or in the Google Maps app? (Please check both maps.google.com and the Google Maps app if you have access to both)

2) Do you know where you are losing points (reviews, photos, questions, edits, added places)? 

3) How many points have you lost?

4) When did you first notice a loss of points?

@SP31 That is the same thing above I would also say. I hope this can help you to understand the loss of points you had.

Thanks, @HelloSamsonR! I think I read that in a related post too - I'll keep an eye out. It has been a few days. It appears to be showing a loss on desktop and the app, and based on the photos I added above it definitely seems to be the reviews. Seems really odd. My math says 83 missing points based on the actual review count and what I'm getting points for. 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall