PrestonAZTXMN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Migrating Trumpeter Swans

Here is a photo of two pairs of migrating Trumpeter Swans that I shot with my Canon EOS 1100D in northern Minnesota during March. This is the heaviest living bird native to North America, it is also the largest extant species of waterfowl with a wingspan that may exceed 10 ft (3.0 m). By 1933, fewer than 70 wild trumpeters were known to exist, and extinction seemed imminent, until aerial surveys discovered a Pacific population of several thousand trumpeters around Alaska's Copper River. Careful reintroductions by wildlife agencies and the Trumpeter Society gradually restored the North American wild population to over 46,000 birds by 2010.

My photo was featured in our local Chamber of Commerce calendar for 2018.Trumpeter Swans in northern MinnesotaTrumpeter Swans in northern Minnesota

Nisswa, MN, USA
7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Migrating Trumpeter Swans

Hi @PrestonAZTXMN,

I must say that the photo that you captured is quite beautiful and depicts quite well part of the life of wild swans. Was it hard to capture the moment?

Your photo received a very big acknowledgement as it was featured in the local Chamber of Commerce. This must be a great feeling and motivation that you received to go on doing this great deed.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Rif.: Migrating Trumpeter Swans

Buondì. Troppo bello grazie per il post. Buona giornata. 

Level 8

@TsekoV THANKS for your kind remarks.

I enjoy taking photos of wildlife. Many times it takes patience. I tried several times to get close enough.

Thanks again.

Hi @PrestonAZTXMN,

Such amazing photo! Thank you very much to share it with us!

I like that you added a description which is very useful for your post. The depth of field is also very nice.

I know how hard is to capture the moment because they are moving always. I tried also to take a such photo that I will share here with you. I hope you will like it.

Caption: A photo of  swan in Bulgaria (Local Guide @PoliMC)Caption: A photo of swan in Bulgaria (Local Guide @PoliMC)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @PrestonAZTXMN,

Thank you for sharing an amazing photo with us. I really want to say it is very difficult to find a natural swan anymore. I took the photo when I visited a temple in Thailand. Here I am sharing the photo of the swan with you: 

Caption: A photo of swan in Thailand(Local Guide @amileva)Caption: A photo of swan in Thailand(Local Guide @amileva)

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@Aruni You are correct. Natural photos of true wildlife are challenging as unfortunately less & less wildlife exists in nature. I live in more remote locations giving me the daily opportunity to appreciate (and sometimes photograph) nature most days.

Thanks for your kind feedback & photo post.

Preston

Hi @PrestonAZTXMN,

You are welcome! I'am so happy to have a person like you that loves the wildlife. Have fun and don't forget to share your experience here.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!