LeninMedina's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How can I change my entire Local Guides Log-In?

I now have a new email and G-Suite log in with Google but my Local Guides and Map Contributions are all on my older login. I have to sign out of one to use the other. Is there a way to migrate my entire account without losing all my contributions?

Jason King
Spooning Australia
Level 9

Re: How can I change my entire Local Guides Log-In?

Hi @SpooningAustralia:

It isn't possible to move the contributions from one account to another. If you want, you can copy and paste each individual review from one account to the other. Of course, this would not be possible with edits or new locations that you've added to maps. Not sure if this helps, but it is possible to use more than one Google accounts on mobile and computer. Since you can only have one account at a time with the Local Guides program, you'll have to pick the one you want to use.

I'm going to merge this discussion with another one that is referring to the same issue. Thanks! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 7

Re: How can I change my entire Local Guides Log-In?

OK - thanks - bummer. Will just have to bounce between the two accounts pending on what I am doing.

Jason King
Spooning Australia
Level 10

Re: Migrate data between google accounts

@Shirley I I just remembered about the trust score, if I copy my old reviews and photos to a new account, it won't have a bad impact on my new account?

Muhammad Fachry | Local Guides since 2015
Level 9

Re: Migrate data between google accounts

@FachryMyID: I can't provide you the details or specifics on how the trust score is calculated as there is a complex method but by copying and pasting your reviews, I would think there would be some impact but not sure what the impact would be. Sorry about this!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!