LeninMedina's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Migrate data between google accounts

Hello Guides.

Does someone have experience migrating data between Google accounts?
I want to get a new email address, but I don't want to lose all my points and data on Google Maps and Googe Local Guides Community. Is it possible?  👀 🤞

I found some links but I'm not sure if all my LG data It's gonna be safe in this process:

I hope someone could help me with some tips.

Cheers from Nicaragua!

Nicaragua
14 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Migrate data between google accounts

Hi @LeninMedina:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to move all of your contributions and points from one account to the other. You'll have to start again with all of your contributions if you want to use a new email address. Afterwards, you'll have to leave the program with the old account and sign up with the new account. 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

Hi @LeninMedina:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to move all of your contributions and points from one account to the other. You'll have to start again with all of your contributions if you want to use a new email address. Afterwards, you'll have to leave the program with the old account and sign up with the new account. 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

Hi dear @LeninMedina 

I think your answer is here.  
Have look that.

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 8

Ok, thanks.
Maybe in the future Google LG Program should consider this as an options. In my case I have a privacy issue with my current Gmail address. 🙄

Cheers from Nicaragua

Level 10

Could I help you dear @LeninMedina?

Level 8

@Rezgar

I tried but it wasn't possible for this reason: "If your account's email address ends in , you usually can't change it."
This option is not enable on my Google Account.
Thanks a lot!

Level 10

Level 9

@LeninMedina: Are you trying with a non Gmail account? Local Guides requires a Google account, as per the Terms & Conditions of the program.

So it doesn't have to be a Gmail account, but if the account uses G-Suite, then you would be able to sign up for the Local Guides Program.

I understand it is frustrating that you'll have to start again, but this is great feedback as I know others have similar experiences!

Level 10

@Shirley  menulis:

Hi @LeninMedina:

Hi @Shirley, it possible for me to copy my contribution to new account and after finish copy all my contribution I will delete my account? won't it get banned or blocked?

Muhammad Fachry | Local Guides since 2015
Level 9

Hi @FachryMyID:

It isn't possible to copy contributions from one account to another, at least not in one step. If you want to go to your individual review for each location and copy the review from one account to another, then I suppose you can spend some time to do that.