JulienH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Mid-autumn festival is here again in Singapore!

Mid-autumn festival is here again in Singapore! The bazaars, the fairs, the abundance of mooncakes being sold everywhere. It's a time of festivities and food and sharing. 

http://thesmartlocal.com/read/vivocity-mid-autumn-fest Here's a themed outdoor festival coming up at Vivocity mall. Do head down if you're interested

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Singapore
4 comments
Level 9

Re: Mid-autumn festival is here again in Singapore!

@JulienH thats awesome! I wish I could be there right now!!

Do you have any photos? 

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Level 9

oh wow, almost a whole month of festivities there @JulienH???

Do you have a favourite kind of mooncake? I enjoy the ones with the ice cream like flavours inside! Less rich than the lotus paste! 

Share some photos if you go to any festivities! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

The actual festival is only supposed to be one day!

But the malls are having a huge party to drive more sales and it is a big opportunity for them.

We call those non traditional ones "snowskin" mooncakes, they have sweeter and more variety of new flavors. Every single year they come out with more extravagant ones like truffle chocolate, durian, rum, etc etc. It's good. But we also like to keep some of the traditional ones around.

Recent years there's been a trend towards mooncakes with less sugar, in order to be more healthy. 

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Google Moderator

Hello @JulienH,

I really love Singapore on how they decorate and show their festivity during all kind of celebrations. Because everything always looks great! 

I wish when I visit in October, there will be something special happening in Singapore. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!