NarayananK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Re: Merge duplicate accounts?

Ms. Corrie,

If it is not possible currently, Google can write a programme that before continuation of any contribution in local guide it should confirm whether he/she proceed with the login account or switch to other account which he/she wish to contribute  LG with the account from which he/she too be got benefited. **####** sure this can be done without any question.  

Level 4

Brother, 

At present there is no solution with Google to merge the two different local guide accounts. First you must choose the ID among your all IDs for which you wanted to get credits of Local Guide Program. Just copy all the LG data from which you don't wanted to continue local guide credits to that ID and paste to the ID which you wanted to continue the local guide credits. And Make sure that the ID you chosen for LG Program should always active. If you wanted to check mail and other work  with other IDs, just switch and do, then get back to the ID which is dedicated to LG Program to remain connect in the LG Program. Hope you get the answer from this. Please let me know if you have if you have any further questions. Good bye.       

Anonymous
Not applicable

Double account

I accidentally created two account (too many e-mail accounts and somehow clicking the wrong one). Is it possible to merge the two account, so I still can keep the credits (I'm also a bit greedy 😉 ). 

Thanks 

Former Google Contributor

Re: Double account

Hello,

It is not possible to transfer content between accounts. We can't do it for you either. While reviews are pretty easy to copy and paste over and then delete from the other account.

Also I would like to remind that participating in Local Guides with more than one account is against our rules and policy. 

By the way I am moving your post to a similar topic - Merge duplicate accounts?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

I think this is the correct place to ask this question.  I also have several gmail accounts used for a variety of purposes.  However, I have always kept my LG on one account, so no issue with merging etc.  However, I only recently became aware that there is a LG community, which is great.  I can log in to LG Connect with my correct account (which I am now), but when I go to LG Home the join splash page comes up, and it defaults to an account I don't want to use, and I can't figure out any way of switching accounts to complete the joining/login.

Any suggestions?

Level 6

Figured out how to log in to the LG Splash page (https://maps.google.com/localguides/home).  I need to log out of all of my gmail accounts and then the splash page will allow you to select which account to use.  This is not the behavior of other google pages (and is not the behavior for LG Connect either).  Normal behavior is to allow the user to switch accounts by clicking on the account image in the top right of the screen.  Please correct this behavior.

Level 4
Level 4

Goto Google maps from duplicate account. Go to settings and choose logout from Google maps. Then use only the LG account log back in. 

Level 5

You have a really good point, i totally agree with you!