NarayananK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Merge duplicate accounts?

Hello! As this answer is now a year old I thought I would follow up and see if anything has changed. I personal and professional accounts and I would like to move the reviews from my professional account over to my personal account. Is this still a copy/paste situation? I hate to lose the views and likes that are attributed to the reviews in the other account.

Cheers,

John

Former Google Contributor

@johnnyrokkit Yes. There is no way to transfer your points from one account to another. You are, however, able to copy reviews from one account and post it to another. We recommend you copy the review, delete the review on the original account and then submit that review from your personal account. You can do the same thing with images. Other contributions, as well as view counts, however, are not transferable.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 7

@JeslynL - Thanks for the reply, that's unfortunate but I'll get to work on that. Will be worth the trouble in the long run.

Question RE: Maps on Android: Do you know if it's possible to force my phone to use ONLY the one account for Maps, etc.? This whole mess started because it's really difficult to tell which account is being used when, for instance, I am prompted to provide feedback on a location or answer questions. 

Level 4

ya so what's the plan for merging accounts? We getting this fixed in 2018? This is absolutely ridiculous since you can clearly have multiple accounts all tied together in Chrome but it doesn't recognize total contributions between accounts. 

Former Google Contributor

Hello @WestonIsTheBest,

There are currently no plans in the works for the option to merge accounts. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, however, this post may further explain the situation. 

We appreciate your understanding.

Level 4

Right, I realize there is no plan to do anything. That is very unfortunate. What I'm proposing is to get a plan going. Stop being lazy! COME ON! Am I talking to Microsoft or is this google?

Level 3

Hi, I'd like to ask if this changed since the last reply? I also have two level 3 accounts and would love to merge them.

Thanks for the answer,

Mara

Level 6

Sadly still the same, afaik. 😞

Level 6

@ArielleM_ wrote:

Hello @WestonIsTheBest,

There are currently no plans in the works for the option to merge accounts. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, however, this post may further explain the situation. 

We appreciate your understanding.

*Edited for clarity* That link doesn't work on my Pixel 2 ... Could you repost it or otherwise provide a reasonable explanation as to why Google doesn't use database software that would allow this extremely simple, and, judging from this thread, very common issue to be easily resolvable, please? Thank you!

Level 6

Somewhere back a few pages in this thread someone explained pretty comprehensively why they wouldn't be able to do this.  Something about no way to track down data from every duplicate account, etc.  It seemed to make sense.

I only use one gmail account on my phone now so it doesn't automatically bring up my other gmail account and use that instead.  It sucks that I can't access both my gmail accounts from my phone. I just have to check mail from my other account on my laptop.  A little silly and inconvenient....