NarayananK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Merge duplicate accounts?

Hi @upananda7,

As noted in this thread, there is no way to merge our Contributions across multiple accounts.

We can only move certain Contributions manually ourselves.

We are encouraged not to share personal particulars, due to privacy concerns.  Please edit your post to remove any sensitive details.

Level 5

In case my feedback helps...
I would love to have, no so much a merge as, a way to contribute kind of anonymously.
I don't mind google knowing about my contributions; you guys have all my pictures already anyways but, while I like to contribute, to help people the same way people had helped me, I feel that I don't want to share where and when I've been with just everybody. That is the reason I have two accounts. One is my normally used account where sometimes I share stuffs and the other one I use it more like an anonymous account where I share stuff but make sure faces are blurred out and it does not have specific names etc.

Level 6

the problem as I see it is that this simply happened as a result of Android's version of Google Maps (at some point) having logged into a secondary account linked to the phone....if google refuses to merge account contents, then at least prevent this from continuing to happen by locking the Maps app to a single account per device for local guide contribution.  let as many accounts as the phone can handle use Maps with the single exception of as a Guide (if that device is in fact a phone - tablets are sometimes shared, but who is realistically sharing a phone from which they need to post local guide content?).

I can think of three ways off the top of my head that this code could be added to the Maps app without anyone but local guides even noticing. 

Level 6

Is it possible to move my whole bunch of 360 photos taken using the account that I don't want to keep, and transfer it's rights to the account I want to use in the future, and then delete the first account? Will the transferred photos still be visible even if they are "orphan"?

I tried to "Mark all" photos in the old account and they do a transfer, but I got an error. Is it because they are too many? ( ~450 photos)?

Level 2
Level 2

No need of duplicate account 

Use the account which is in level one local guide and you will all contribute benifits

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Corrie,

I have a slightly different issue and I need a solution.

Not realising that it was a one way street, I have started contributing with my private account, while I use the professional one (connected to the former) for my business Adwords campaigns. Unfortunately the points I earn cannot be used to get discounts for my campaigns.
I wouldn't mind cancelling the Local Guides private account to open a new one with my professional account, but if I try to exit from the program and then register again from my professional account, EVEN IF LOGGED OUT FROM THE PRIVATE ONE, the system automatically recognises me and logs me in with the private account. 

Please, I need a solution in order to obtain the earned advantages for my campaigns. 

Level 6

I'm having the same problem. Please help. I somehow have my "junk mail" Google email account automatically popping up to contribute as a local guide when I go somewhere and take photos. I don't know how this happened. I always have my main Google email on my phone and it opens to that email. Do I need to somehow exit the local guide program with my junk email? If so, how do I do that because every time I bring up my local guide account it's on my main/good email account that I want it on?

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Tatosmama and @Anonymous

There are two methods for leaving the Local Guides program but only one of them completely closes out your account and all related points.

Via the homepage, if you go to settings, you can exit the program. This allows you to rejoin with the same username and account history should you wish.

If you click on your picture on the top right corner of Connect and click on Settings --> Close Account, this will give you the option of closing your Local Guides account but this also wipes out any contributions tied to the account. 

There is no way to merge two Local Guides accounts into one - that is, you won't be able to close a single account but have any points related to it automatically sent to the account you wish to use.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 5

I accidentally joined on my second account without thinking about which account I was in (was wondering why it was asking me to join again) would it be possible to remove the offending account (not this one)? 

Thank you

Level 5

I love how Google sees the problem as a "policy issue" that is something people violate when it's their Andriod app that causes the bulk of my problems. Why can't a company who wants the data & has resources let people fix this? The "yeah it's unfortunate, but you have to start over, or pick one" seems annoying obtuse - especially after all the time invested.  “Mediocrity is the worst enemy of prosperity.” -Henry Ford