Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Melbourne/Collingwood 36 Walk

Melbourne/Collingwood 36 Walk

Gahan Reserve

118 Park St, Abbotsford VIC 3067, Australia

March 23, 2019 @ 11:00 (AEDT)

Welcome to the 2019 Melbourne 36 Walk which this year will be in Collingwood. We're meeting in Gahan Reserve right next door to Collingwood Railway Station on March 23rd. Collingwood has a vibrant street art, cafe, junk shop and bar scene which we'll experience on the walk. We won't return to this point so public transport is encouraged. You can find out more information about the 36 walk at https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/2019-Annual-36-Photowalk-Call-for-Leaders-P...

RSVP here

Collingwalk 2019 - See the link for detailCollingwalk 2019 - See the link for detail

The Meetup route is finished at last! Its only a short one. Just under 6km and will range from suburban streets, riverside walking, through the Abbotsford Convent including a farmers market then onto some of the Street Art precincts finally finishing at The Evelyn Hotel. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AASeJRJa0jiWPgY_vm4vfArEr77WXcpf&usp=sharing

118 Park St, Abbotsford VIC 3067, Australia
8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Melbourne/Collingwood 36 Walk

@PaulPavlinovich thank you for sharing this lovely meet-up with us.

I hope you will enjoy it and share with us your recap so we can enjoy it as well. 

Good luck!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Connect Moderator

It's been a couple of years since I took a walk through Collingwood. The suburb is vibrant and amazing. So many good Maps subjects because the shops there change continuously and plenty to experience besides taking photos. The area is extremely well populated with street art and little hipster cafes that I love plonking my very unhipster self into. I'm so unhipster I'm hipster lol.

Connect Moderator

The Meetup route is finished at last! Its only a short one. Just under 6km and will range from suburban streets, riverside walking, through the Abbotsford Convent including a farmers market then onto some of the Street Art precincts finally finishing at The Evelyn Hotel. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AASeJRJa0jiWPgY_vm4vfArEr77WXcpf&usp=sharing

Level 7

Aha! Finally a Meetup in my lovely state that I actually saw in time! I almost missed it though if I didn't do a thorough job looking though posts as I was only able to search via suburb, and not the entire state on the Meetup site.

Admittedly I have only checked the local guides forum extremity sparingly for the last two years as the few times I did check, nothing seemed to be going on or happening so I just stopped checking.

Thanks @PaulPavlinovich for taking your time to invest into Local Guides for everyone else!

Connect Moderator

It will be great to have you there @Dave247 I worked the route with a friend two weeks ago and there's plenty of interesting things to look out for. Keeping it down to 36 may be a bit of a challenge I think :).

Level 7

@PaulPavlinovich Can’t make it tomorrow, it’s a shame because it looks like a good route.

Great work organising it as usual.

Level 7

The dreary weather in the morning when I got up scared me off from comming thinking it would rain longer or just remain cloudy for most of the day. I regret it now seeing how it turned into another typical hot day.

Ah well, maybe next time. Damm Melbourne weather. 

Connect Moderator

No worries @Pgfrancis01 life interferes in fun sometimes. I'm sure I'll see you on another walk soon. 

@Dave247 that's Melbourne - four seasons in one day. I was a bit concerned too given how cold and wet it was in the morning but by the time we stopped it was 34C and we enjoyed a dash of lubricant before making our separate (mostly) ways home.