kmajewski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Meet the couple that guides together

Local Guides Sumaiya and Pavel celebrating the new year with fresh coconut water at Inani Beach in BangladeshLocal Guides Sumaiya and Pavel celebrating the new year with fresh coconut water at Inani Beach in Bangladesh It’s Valentine’s Day and we’re celebrating by spotlighting a Local Guides love story. Meet @SumaiyaZafrin and @PavelSarwar: She’s a fact hunter, he’s a visualist, and together, they’re trailblazers. At least, that’s the types of Local Guides they are.

Outside of Local Guides, Sumaiya is an entrepreneur, community leader, and social worker living in Bangladesh. Pavel is an entrepreneur and community leader currently studying information technology in Malaysia. They met back in 2012 and got married the following year. In 2015, Pavel became a Local Guide, and, after introducing Sumaiya to the community, she joined as well.

Sumaiya and Pavel climbed the Local Guides levels together and have both reached Level 8. We spoke to them over on Google’s blog, The Keyword, about how they enjoy guiding together, especially now that they are long-distance while Pavel completes his studies.

Here’s an excerpt:

When you’re in the same place, what are your favorite things to do together?

Pavel: Sumaiya and I love to travel very much. As Local Guides, we also love to arrange meet-ups together and do social work and community activities.

So you connect over Local Guides together?

Sumaiya: Yes, we use Local Guides community and Maps to plan activities and date nights. Sometimes, we celebrate our special days through mapping. We plan to visit new places and compare our points. Mapping and meet-ups are our favorite part.

Pavel: Every day we discuss Local Guides. When Sumaiya arranges a meet-up, I try to help her. When I arrange one Sumaiya helps me lot. We discuss our contributions, photo views, quality reviews, etc. Local Guides helps us to spend more time together. Local Guides makes our relationship closer.

What do you appreciate most about each other?

Sumaiya: Pavel is very punctual. This is the part of his character I like the most. He’s also a very trustworthy and hard-working person. He is very caring…he always supports me and appreciates my work.

Pavel: I can’t appreciate Sumaiya in a single sentence. Sumaiya is not only a good wife, she is also a good mentor for me. She gives support to me for my every good work. Without her I am nothing.

Read more about Sumaiya and Pavel on The Keyword.

How are you celebrating Valentine’s Day with those you like and love? Don’t forget to spread some love on Connect and Google Maps today with kudos and likes!

139 comments
Level 9

Re: Meet the couple that guides together

Amaaaazing Post @kmajewski with amazing couple :)))

Level 9

@SumaiyaZafrin & @PavelSarwar " very nice photo guys 🙂

Level 9

Total agree, @SumaiyaZafrinC and @PavelSarwar are a very active Local Guides Couple.

Very refreshing coconut water 🙂

Have a nice day,

Alejandra.

Level 9

Level 8

@kmajewski we can't explain how much excited we are after seen this. Love you all Local Guides around the world.

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Connect Moderator

Hi @kmajewski thanks for writing this great post.  Love to see @PavelSarwar and Sumaiya (issues tagging)  picture. Spreading Local Guides vibe with love 🙂

Cheers, 

Nunu

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 8

@kmajewski

Wow nice

Thank you for sharing. 

@OSAMA@NunungAfuah@AlejandraMaria

Hi all nice to see you in here.

Level 10