TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet the Google Moderators

Googler

The Connect community is full of supportive Local Guides and informative posts that can help you get the answers you’re looking for. However, we know you’ll sometimes need someone from Google to respond to an issue you’re having. 

Caption: A graphic of a Google building with characters accompanied by the text "Google Moderators."Caption: A graphic of a Google building with characters accompanied by the text "Google Moderators."All Google moderators are easily identifiable by the “G” added to their profile photos and the “Google Moderator” title listed under their names. Currently, our Google Moderators are @AngieYC, @DeniGu, @Ivi_Ge, and @MoniDi.

You may see other Googlers on Connect, but the Google Moderators listed in this post should be who you contact should you need urgent assistance.

Google Moderators can help with challenges you may be experiencing, supporting Local Guides and Connect Moderators who need us most. Please keep in mind that it make take them some time to go through all of the posts that they’ve been tagged in. Tagging Google Moderators should be done only when something urgent is happening or when you need an official answer that you can’t find elsewhere. Do not tag them just because you want them to see your post.

Before posting a question, search the community. Your question may have already been answered. See a post that you think violates Local Guides Connect content policies? Don’t tag a Google Moderator. Instead, report it by clicking the three dots on the left side of the post and click Report Inappropriate Content.

You can get to Google Moderators a little better below!

Languages (apart from English):

• Angie: Bahasa Indonesia
  • Ivelina: Japanese

Google Moderators

@AngieYC (2018 - Present)
Angie joined Local Guides in July 2018. Chinese born in Indonesia, she is a proud Indonesian. She loves cooking Asian food, especially now when living abroad, and likes traveling and learning about the history of other countries.

@DeniGu (2018 - Present)

Deni joined Local Guides in July 2018. She was born and raised in one of the oldest inhabited cities in Europe - Plovdiv, Bulgaria. She enjoys exploring the little side streets and hidden places in any new location, as much as she enjoys reading.

@Ivi_Ge (2018 - Present)
Ivelina joined Local Guides in June 2018. Raised in Sofia, capital of Bulgaria and loves exploring new places. She started learning Japanese 10 years ago and really loves Japan and the Japanese culture. Her hobbies include traditional Bulgarian dance, petting cats and reading. 

@MoniDi (2024 - Present)
Moni re-joined Local Guides in March 2024. Born and living in Sofia, Bulgaria, she loves shopping and handicrafts. She spends her free time making hats, catching up on the latest fashion trends, and watching movies.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
947 Comments
Level 10

Good morning,

how do you become Google Moderator or other equivalent function?

Do you need to complete all the Connect's badges?

it's a charge I'd like to get, I'm passionate about the Google world and Street View.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Gio51x

Google Moderators are Google employees, in charge of Connect community. To become a Google moderator you should work for Google first: https://careers.google.com/

Meet the Google Moderators

Not to be confused with Connect Moderators. Meet the Connect Moderators

here an excerpt from the linked post:

"Interested in becoming a moderator for Local Guides Connect? Here’s what we’re looking for:

• Local Guides Level 5+ who actively contribute to Google Maps and Local Guides Connect
  • Friendly and respectful community members who help keep Connect a warm, welcoming and informative place with their knowledge, accuracy and tone

There is no application or nomination process. Keep contributing and engaging with your fellow Local Guides and the Local Guides team will be in touch if you are selected."

Ermes

Level 10

@ErmesT 

thanks for the message I look at the Job section of Google and meanwhile instead to start becoming Connect Moderator says to be at level 5, I'm almost at level 10 because I have little more '90000 points, I only changed the strategy to make reviews . the reviews I'm making are

max details
accompanied by photos and videos

I have seen many videos on you tube of LG of the world that make accurate reviews.
I have all the Master badges, I miss about 300000 views to become a Master photographer now I'm an expert.

I'm actively present here in the Connect and also in the Google Advertiser Community with the title of Apprentice.

I have acquired and I am acquiring knowledge on GMB and Adwords.
In the reviews industry, I think I'm good at knowledge, even if there's always something to learn.

I wonder if I'm lucky to be chosen?
or will I be equally lucky to find the Google Car or SV instrumentation in my everyday lap with no route in the world with StreetView ....? 

one more thing 'I learned thanks to your advice yesterday, I learned to include street view in the threads without entering the screenshot.

Thanks again ! 

GIO'.

Level 9

Hi @Gio51x,

You cannot ask or get suggested to become a Connect Moderator. As Ermes mentioned in his reply, keep contributing and engaging with your fellow Local Guides and the Local Guides team will be in touch if you are selected.

Regarding 360° photos, check out this video tutorial to learn how to insert 360° photos in a Connect post.

Regards,

Johnny..

Level 10

@JohnnyE 

thanks for the video,
in fact for a week I started to publish them only in this htlm mode
and instead in google photo public photos.

and to become a moderator if they will not even call me when I'm at level 10, patience ... I've found many people with whom I can interact with on common interests ... the reviews I've only changed, I'll make them more detailed ...

Level 9

You are welcome @Gio51x. Actually nothing cannot guarantee that someone will be selected to become a moderator. Relax, keep connecting with fellow local guides, contribute to the maps, do what you like and if it's meant to be, it will come.

Level 10

@JohnnyE 

how to say every day I could have two fortunes:

1 be appointed moderator
1 find the Google car in my rounds with SV

Level 9

@Gio51x, everything is possible. Hope you'll get what you wish for. 😊

Level 10

@JohnnyE 

@Cozmcfines 

another wish? Become a Google car pilot.

Level 9

@Gio51x, keep wishing and who knows maybe it all come true. You never know.

Level 8

How to earn Google Moderator Badge.....

Level 7

@PRAMOD_BN  Hello,

welcome to the LG connect, the answer of your question already available in the Local Guides Connect.

Here is a link about  the existing answer of this question,this might help you.

Thank you

[Fahim]
Level 9

Thanks for your helpful reply @zafahim!

@PRAMOD_BN: I'll be merging your post with the existing thread to keep the conversation together 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 8

How to get Google Moderator batch?

Level 8
Level 9

Thanks for the great reply @Martin_G!

I'll be merging this thread with the existing one to keep the posts together. 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 6

Nice reply. Didn't know there is a different between Google Moderator  and connect moderator until your post.

Thanks for sending this post.

Level 8

Hey Ernest,

Help me understand why my post is marked Spam?

here is the link to my post : https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Travel-and-Advice/22-days-Solo-Road-Trip-in-India/td-p/908284

I even removed a google map jpg thinking that was causing it to be spam.

Level 9

@LuisRG

I see a lot of the Google Moderators have joined connect in January 2018. What are the criteria on which one is selected as a moderator. 

Level 10

@RashmiM, Google Moderators are employees from Google. As far as I understand, other people (including Local Guides) can't become a Google Moderator. On the other hand, there are Community Moderators which are selected by Google depending on the activeness, participation and suitability on the platform. For this, you don't need to do any thing. Based on your contribution your role is recognised. 

Further addition is most welcome 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi... 

Greetings from Timor Leste.

jay mata di

Level 1

ehab joined Local Guides in june 2018. Like all Local Guides he loves adventure and exploring the spaces around. His hobbies include creating artwork, sport and music composition.

Level 8

Hi guys. 🙂

Yes, GeorgesH is really a Gentleman in Local Guides, Portuguese Board.

Count on me. 🙂

Best regards.

Level 9

My only post as replyMy only post as reply

Reply post concluding partReply post concluding part

Original postOriginal post

Reply post part 1Reply post part 1

Hi @TraciC !

I don't know if this is  the proper way  or forum or  platform to tag a busy person like you all.

Regarding one post, I received one reply post , stating my post as  " threatening post "!!!

I really became ashamed of myself to hurt ( unwillingly ) to one of our fellow LG friends!!!!!!

I may be wrong but  would you please go  through my post and help me to know  if  such post                     ( of mine )is really  not in accordance with Google's policy or by any slightest way violating Google's policy norms ?

I am ready to apologise  without any prejudice if it is  really  violating Google's as well as the underlying decorum of our community and friendship.

Mondrito

Level 9

Thanks @TraciC for introduction and guide lines to tag our Google Moderators. It was nice to be aware of. Specially thanks for introducing each Moderators, their area of interest, speciality and likes. Good team for guiding the community.

Regards,

Hitesh, India.

Level 9

Thanks @DrVikas for sharing your knowledge about selection of Google Moderators.

I don't know much in detailed, but assumed the same what you explain.

Great Day

Regards

Hitesh,

Vadodara, india

Level 9

Thanks @TraciC for sharing info about moderators.

It will definitely help understand the community better 🙂

Thanks also to all the wonderful moderators (previous & current) to help keep connect a warm welcoming place.

Please find more about moderators & some of the amazing friends, I have made during my journey in this post

Level 6
You can not imagine how important and valuable your input, article and information you posted is to the entire community. Google Map means someone’s business reputation and entire future and living. You have an important job. Thank you. @TraciC
Level 9

Hi @RashmiM

Wow.! Great words.!!👍

Level 8

@DrVikas why is it that you say Local Guides Can't become Google Moderators? 

@DrVikas wrote:

@RashmiM, Google Moderators are employees from Google. As far as I understand, other people (including Local Guides) can't become a Google Moderator. On the other hand, there are Community Moderators which are selected by Google depending on the activeness, participation and suitability on the platform. For this, you don't need to do any thing. Based on your contribution your role is recognised. 

Further addition is most welcome 🙂

Level 10
Level 8

I havn't seen a google moderator from INDIA yet ... why so??

and what is the criteria for being a google moderator??

ABHINANDAN TIWARI
Former Google Contributor

Hello @AbhinandanT,

Thanks for reaching out.

You can visit - https://careers.google.com/ for more information. 

Please note that I have moved your topic here - Meet the Google Moderators.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

I wanted to know ,,,

Who is Google Moderator , 

What is the role of Google Moderator ,

And How to become/Achive Google Moderator (badge).....???

Level 10

Hi @PRAMOD_BN a Google Moderator is a Google employee, that works on Connect in some role.

If you want to apply for a job in Google please visit http://careers.google.com

A Connect Moderator is a local guide like you and me, that volunteers on Connect without any compensation, helping other local guides and welcoming all new members.

Hello @PRAMOD_BN,

Thanks for reaching out.

@LucioV said exactly what you needed to know.

Please note that I have moved your topic here - Meet the Google Moderators, where you will find more information about the Google Moderators.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

big congratulation to google moderators for new journey. hope you all doing best 

love form india 

Level 9

thanks for information @TraciC

Hi @afgkw,

Welcome to Connect and nice to meet you.

I would like to inform you that you question has been answered already in this topic here. Feel free to check it out.

I also moved your post to there treat. 

Additionally, since you're new to the community, you might want to share a bit about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself topic. You can also read these Tips: Using Local Guides Connect.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Thank you for sharing dear @TraciC

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 8

I'm very happy to see the Google moderators who are here to help us..

ThankYou

Level 8

Really I want to Meet Up with my moderators

Andejadul
Level 8

Thank you so much @TraciC for introduces us to all of Google  Moderator. I saw that all of the Google Moderators are really kind and helpful. 

Google Moderator

Hi @TraciC and everyone in the Connect community,

Thank you very much for this warm welcoming! I am so excited (and slightly nervous) to join you all in your amazing endeavour to make the world a more accessible, easy-to-navigate and friendlier place through both Google Maps and the Local Guides Connect platform.

Cheers and talk to you soon 🙂 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

hi @TraciC thanks for updating the information. Welcome and congrats to all of moderators. It is nice to meet you all 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 9

What a wonderful news @TraciC 🙂

We have new great Moderator to celebrate 🎉🎉🎉🎉

Welcome to this wonderful diverse family @DeniGu , we all one family don't be nervous ;-)🎉🎉🎉

Keep it up and see u around

Level 8

@TraciC wrote:

The Connect community is full of supportive Local Guides and informative posts that can help you get the answers you’re looking for. However, we know you’ll sometimes need someone from Google to respond to an issue you’re having. In those cases, you can tag our Google Moderators who can help.

Caption: A graphic of a Google building with characters accompanied by the text "Google Moderators."Caption: A graphic of a Google building with characters accompanied by the text "Google Moderators."All Google moderators are easily identifiable by the “G” added to their profile photos and the “Google Moderator” title listed under their names. Currently, our Google Moderators are @BruceDM, @Atsukot, @MarinSt, @GeorgesHR, @KlaudiyaG, @NadyaPN,  @Ivi_Ge , @MashaPS, @JavieraAu@FelipePK, @IrrPavlova@DeniGu@Sorbe, and @AngieYC.

You may see other Googlers on Connect, but please always reach out to the Google Moderators listed in this post if you need assistance.

Remember, tagging Google Moderators should be done only when something urgent is happening or when you need an official answer that you can’t find elsewhere. Do not tag them just because you want them to see your post.

Before posting a question, search the community. Your question may have already been answered. See a post that you think violates Local Guides Connect content policies? Don’t tag a Google Moderator. Instead, report it by clicking the three dots on the left side of the post and click Report Inappropriate Content.

Google Moderators are here to help with challenges you may be experiencing, but please keep in mind that it make take them some time to go through all of the posts that they’ve been tagged in. You can get to know them a little better below!

Languages (apart from English):

• Atsuko & Ivelina: Japanese
  • Klaudiya: French
  • Felipe: Portuguese
  • Maria: Russian
  • Javiera: Spanish
  • Angie: Bahasa Indonesia
  • Sorbe: Italian

Google Moderators

Bruce (2017- Current)

Bruce joined Local Guides in June 2017. Bruce was born and raised in New York City and enjoys traveling, running, and meditating in cool places. In his downtime, Bruce likes to get out into the sunlight, practice computer programming or just lounge around the house with his cats.

Atsuko (2017 - Current)

Atsuko joined Local Guides in June 2017. Born and raised in Nagoya, Japan, she currently lives in New York City. She loves drinking coffee and is always looking for a cute cafe to relax in. She also enjoys picnics in the park, watching movies, and cooking. Recently, she started learning how to make pottery.

Marin (2018 - Current)

Marin joined Local Guides in January 2018. He likes travel, sports, books and movies. Traveling mostly in nature, combined with biking or hiking is his favorite. As passionate skier and sunbather, he can enjoy any weather.

Georges (2018 - Current)

Georges joined Local Guides in January 2018. He identifies himself as a gentleman and he is passionate about Android Development. He also likes to "get geeky" with tech and occasionally play video games.

Klaudiya (2018 - Current)

Klaudiya joined Local Guides in January 2018. Like all Local Guides she loves traveling and exploring new places. Her hobbies are snowboarding, wakeboarding, and cooking.

Nadya (2018 - Current)

Nadya joined Local Guides in January 2018. She defines herself as a foodie and explorer. Her current hobbies are yoga, petting dogs, and cryptocurrency trading. She enjoys travelling to sunny places and going to indie/rock/electronic concerts.

Felipe (2018 — Current)
Felipe joined Local Guides in June 2018. Born in São José dos Campos, São Paulo - Brazil, he considers himself a traveler and a reader. Felipe loves to be with his friends, watching movies and playing all kind of sports, especially football. 

Javiera (2018 — Current)
Javiera joined Local Guides in June 2018. She is half Bulgarian and half Chilean, for that reason she defines herself as a child of the world. She is passionate about movies, traveling, surfing and biking.

Ivelina (2018 — Current)
Ivelina joined Local Guides in June 2018. Raised in Sofia, capital of Bulgaria and loves exploring new places. She started learning Japanese 10 years ago and really loves Japan and the Japanese culture. Her hobbies include traditional Bulgarian dance, petting cats and reading. 

Maria (2018 — Current)
Maria joined Local Guides in July 2018. Born in Sofia, Bulgaria but she is a half Russian. As other Local Guides she loves to travel a lot, loves books and all kinds of coffee drinks made of quality coffee beans.

Angie (2018 — Current)
Angie joined Local Guides in July 2018. Chinese born in Indonesia, she is a proud Indonesian. She loves cooking Asian food, especially now when living abroad, and likes traveling and learning about the history of other countries.

Davide aka Sorbe (2018 — Current)
Davide joined Local Guides in July 2018. In the last five years, Davide has lived in different cities across England, without forgetting his Italian roots. In his free time he likes traveling, going to concerts, cooking (but in most cases, rather eating), and gathering with his friends for football games.

Irina (2018 — Current)
Irina joined Local Guides in July 2018. She is a sea child, loves exploring as much as she loves pristine beaches and depths that haven't been discovered yet.

Denitsa aka Deni (2018 — Current)
Denitsa joined Local Guides in July 2018. She was born and raised in one of the oldest inhabited cities in Europe - Plovdiv, Bulgaria. She enjoys exploring the little side streets and hidden places in any new location, as much as she enjoys deciphering languages and symbols. 

Congratulations all Google Moderators 🎆🎇🎈🎉🎊🎋🎁🏅

Thankyou for explaining the difference between a Google Moderator 

and  Connect Moderator.

ChristineBrandon

Thankyou for explaining the difference between a Google Moderator 

and a Connect Moderator.

ChristineBrandon