TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet the Connect Moderators

Googler

Caption: A graphic of the earth that shows people located in different areas next to the words "Connect Moderators."Caption: A graphic of the earth that shows people located in different areas next to the words "Connect Moderators."Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me. They apply the knowledge they’ve gained as active members of our community to moderate Connect and help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Meet your moderators (appearing in the order in which they joined as a Connect Moderator):

Caption: A photo of Ivan at a baseball stadium.Caption: A photo of Ivan at a baseball stadium.

@iyudhi from the United States who speaks Bahasa Indonesia and English. Learn more about Ivan here.

Caption: A photo of Ermes enjoying the outdoors.Caption: A photo of Ermes enjoying the outdoors.

@ermest from Italy who speaks Italian and English. Learn more about Ermes here.

Caption: A photo of Farid smilingCaption: A photo of Farid smiling

@FaridTDF from Argentina who speaks Spanish. Learn more about Farid here.

Caption: A photo of Gregg smiling while sitting.Caption: A photo of Gregg smiling while sitting.

@Flash from Canada who speaks English. Learn more about Gregg here.

Caption: A photo of Karen smiling at a Google event.Caption: A photo of Karen smiling at a Google event.

@KarenVChin from the United States who speaks English. Learn more about Karen here.

Caption: A photo of Paul standing in front of a wall of graffiti.Caption: A photo of Paul standing in front of a wall of graffiti.

@PaulPavlinovich from Australia who speaks English. Learn more about Paul here.

Caption: A photo of Ludwig on a hike.Caption: A photo of Ludwig on a hike.

@LudwigGermany from Germany who speaks German and English. Learn more about Ludwig here.

Caption: A photo of Sonia smiling.Caption: A photo of Sonia smiling.

@SoniaK from Bangladesh who speaks Bangla and English. Learn more about Sonia here.

Caption: A photo of Nunung smilingCaption: A photo of Nunung smiling

@NunungAfuah from Indonesia who speaks Bahasa Indonesia and English. Learn more about Nunung here.

Caption: A photo of Adrian in a sunny street.Caption: A photo of Adrian in a sunny street.

@AdrianLunsong from Malaysia who speaks English. Learn more about Adrian here. 

Caption: A photo of Hiroyuki before enjoying a meal.Caption: A photo of Hiroyuki before enjoying a meal.

@HiroyukiTakisawa from Japan who speaks Japanese and English. Learn more about Hiroyuki here.

Caption: A photo of Torben smiling for the cameraCaption: A photo of Torben smiling for the camera

@TorM from Germany who speaks German and English. Learn more about Torben here.

Caption: A photo of Steve with an Android Oreo statue.Caption: A photo of Steve with an Android Oreo statue.

@SP31 from the United States who speaks English and some Haitian-Creole. Learn more about Steve here.

Caption: A photo of Jesi holding her DSLR camera.Caption: A photo of Jesi holding her DSLR camera.

@Jesi from Argentina who speaks Spanish and English. Learn more about Jesi here.

Caption: A photo of Jordan holding a chocolate treat in hand.Caption: A photo of Jordan holding a chocolate treat in hand.

@JordanSB from the United States who speaks English. Learn more about Jordan here.

Caption: A photo of Sumaiya in front of a Google board.Caption: A photo of Sumaiya in front of a Google board.

@SumaiyaZafrin from Bangladesh who speaks Bengali and English. Learn more about Sumaiya here.

Caption: A photo of Omer hugging an Android statue.Caption: A photo of Omer hugging an Android statue.

@OmerAli from Pakistan who speaks Urdu, Punjabi, and English. Learn more about Omer here.

Caption: A photo of Jan enjoying the outdoors.Caption: A photo of Jan enjoying the outdoors.

@JanVanHaver from Belgium who speaks Dutch, English, German, and French. Learn more about Jan here.

Caption: A photo of Emeka in a Local Guides t-shirt.Caption: A photo of Emeka in a Local Guides t-shirt.

@EmekaUlor from Nigeria who speaks English, Igbo, Hausa, and some Yoruba. Learn more about Emeka here.

Caption: A both of Jane giving the thumbs up in front of a lake.Caption: A both of Jane giving the thumbs up in front of a lake. 

@JaneBurunina from Ukraine who speaks Ukrainian, Russian, and English. Learn more about Jane here.

Caption: A photo of Luigi smiling in a park.Caption: A photo of Luigi smiling in a park.

@LuigiZ from Italy who speaks Italian, English, and a bit of Dutch. Learn more about Luigi here.

Caption: A photo of Alexandre in front of a building.Caption: A photo of Alexandre in front of a building.

@AlexandreCampbell from Brazil who speaks Portuguese, English, and some Spanish. Learn more about Alexandre here.

Caption: A photo of Shafiul wearing a Local Guides t-shirt.Caption: A photo of Shafiul wearing a Local Guides t-shirt.

@ShafiulB from Bangladesh who speaks Bengali and English. Learn more about Shafiul here.

Caption: A photo of Penny in a boat.Caption: A photo of Penny in a boat.

@PennyChristie from Australia who speaks English and Greek. Learn more about Penny here.

Caption: A photo of Megan smiling for the camera.Caption: A photo of Megan smiling for the camera.

@Kwiksatik from the United States who speaks English and some Spanish. Learn more about Megan here.

Caption: A photo of Feliciana posing with a Google bicycle during Connect Live 2019.Caption: A photo of Feliciana posing with a Google bicycle during Connect Live 2019.

@Velvel from Indonesia who speaks English, Bahasa Indonesia, and Mandarin Chinese. Learn more about Feliciana here.

Caption: A photo of Kashif in front of some buildings.Caption: A photo of Kashif in front of some buildings.

@Kashifmisidia from Pakistan who speaks Urdu, English, Sindhi, Memon, and some Gujarati. Learn more about Kashif here.

Caption: A photo of Nyai on a street in San Jose.Caption: A photo of Nyai on a street in San Jose.

@Nyainurjanah from Indonesia who speaks Sundanese, Bahasa Indonesia, and English. Learn more about Nyai here. 

Caption: A photo of Cecilia smiling for the camera.Caption: A photo of Cecilia smiling for the camera.

@CeciliaRatto from Argentina who speaks Spanish and English. Learn more about Cecilia here.

Caption: A photo of Sagir wearing a Local Guides t-shirt.Caption: A photo of Sagir wearing a Local Guides t-shirt.

@Sagir from Nigeria who speaks English, Hausa, and Fulani, and understands Arabic, Hindi, Urdu, and Spanish. Learn more about Sagir here.

Caption: A photo of Silvina smiling for the camera.Caption: A photo of Silvina smiling for the camera.

@SilvyC from Argentina who speaks Spanish and English. Learn more about Silvina here.

Caption: A photo of Ricardo at a fancy place.Caption: A photo of Ricardo at a fancy place.

@LightRich from Mexico who speaks Spanish and English. Learn more about Ricardo here.

Caption: A photo of Adam posing for the camera.Caption: A photo of Adam posing for the camera.

@AdamGT from Australia who speaks English. Learn more about Adam here.

Caption: A photo of Tushar in front of the Golden Gate bridge.Caption: A photo of Tushar in front of the Golden Gate bridge.

@Tushar_Suradkar from India who speaks English and Hindi. Learn more about Tushar here.

Caption: A photo of Indah smilingCaption: A photo of Indah smiling

@indahnuria from Indonesia, who speaks English and Bahasa Indonesia. Learn more about Indah here.

Caption: A photo of Denise smilingCaption: A photo of Denise smiling

@Denise_Barlock from USA, who speaks English. Learn more about Denise here.

Caption: A photo of Luis smilingCaption: A photo of Luis smiling

@LaloPadilla from Mexico, who speak Spanish and English. Learn more about Lalo here.

Caption: A selfie of Naresh smiling.Caption: A selfie of Naresh smiling.

@NareshDarji from India, who speaks Hindi and English. Learn more about Naresh here.

Caption: A photo of Isha smiling.Caption: A photo of Isha smiling.

@Globe_trotter_Ish from UK, who speaks English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, and some German. Learn more about Isha here

Caption: A photo of Falguni smiling.Caption: A photo of Falguni smiling.

@FalguniP from Mumbai, India, who speaks English, Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati, Kutchi. Learn more about Falguni here.

Caption: A photo of Sophea smiling.Caption: A photo of Sophea smiling.

@Sophia_Cambodia from Cambodia, who speaks Khmer and English. Learn more about Sophea here.

Caption: A photo of Morten smiling.Caption: A photo of Morten smiling.

@MortenCopenhagen from Denmark, who speaks English and Danish. Learn more about Morten here.

Caption: A photo of Shola smiling.Caption: A photo of Shola smiling.

@SholaIB from Nigeria, who speaks English, French, and Yoruba. Learn more about Shola here.

You can expect that Connect Moderators will be willing to share their knowledge with you, whether it be about Google Maps, the Local Guides program or Connect. They're pretty popular and not on Connect constantly, nor are they expected to be, so please be patient and mindful of the 5 cores values of Connect as you normally would. Do not tag them just because you want them to see your post. Connect Moderators are not Google employees, nor do they have any special superpowers beyond being awesome Local Guides. If you need something urgent or sensitive, please reach out to one of the Google Moderators.

Please give these amazing Local Guides a virtual high-five and thank you!

Interested in becoming a moderator for Local Guides Connect? Here’s what we’re looking for:

• Local Guides Level 5+ who actively and consistently contribute to Google Maps and Local Guides Connect, following our program rules and 5 cores values of Connect.
  • Friendly and respectful community members who help keep Connect a warm, welcoming and informative place with their knowledge, accuracy and tone.

There is no application or nomination process. Keep contributing and engaging with your fellow Local Guides and the Local Guides team will be in touch if you are selected.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
1,525 Comments
Level 8

Welcome @LudwigGermany!

I am glad to have you as our Connect Moderator!

Level 10

Welcome @LudwigGermany  on being a connect moderator :).

Level 8

Congratulation @LudwigGermany, welcome to the family my dear!

@TraciC wrote:

Welcome to being a Connect Moderator, @LudwigGermany!!!

Others: the badge count is occasionally off due to testing but currently, badge counts represent the number of people a badge was ever awarded to. 

Former Google Contributor

Hallo Ludwig!

Herzlichen Glückwunsch! Ich möchte dir aber trotzdem sehr herzlich gratulieren zu deine tollen Erfolg, wie das einige der Local Guides schön getan haben :D. meine Sprachliche Fähigkeiten ist ein bisschen "verrostet" - aber ich wollte dir auf Deutsch gratulieren;). 

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Connect Moderator

Welcome @LudwigGermany glad to have you aboard 🙂

Level 10

Hi @TraciC I noticed the Connect Moderators dont have a badge of the connect moderators on the badges they have earned. 

Level 9

Congratulations 🏆🏆 🏆🏅🏅 🏅

@LudwigGermany  👍👌👍🎖🎖🎖

Level 10

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Hi @TraciC I noticed the Connect Moderators dont have a badge of the connect moderators on the badges they have earned. 

This is strange, i remember we can see the Connect Moderator profile, and this allowed us to see that the number of LG having this badge was 11, although we have actually 10 Connect Moderators.

Level 10

@TraciC wrote:

Welcome to being a Connect Moderator, @LudwigGermany!!!

Others: the badge count is occasionally off due to testing but currently, badge counts represent the number of people a badge was ever awarded to. 

Oh didn't noticed! Welcome @LudwigGermany and good work!!!

Thanks @TraciC for letting us know! 🙂

Level 8

Congratulations @LudwigGermany!

@LucioV wrote:

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

This is strange, i remember we can see the Connect Moderator profile, and this allowed us to see that the number of LG having this badge was 11, although we have actually 10 Connect Moderators.

@HelloSamsonR they've removed it to avoid confusion as Traci noted.

@TraciC wrote:

Connect Moderator
Level 10

Okay thanks @khammami I didn't notice what Traci said earlier on 👍.

welcome @LudwigGermany!

Welcome @LudwigGermany!!

Welcome @LudwigGermany, Congratulations!!!

@LudwigGermany

Welcome aboard!  I have no doubt you will be an excellent addition to the Connect Moderator team!

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Connect Moderator

Thank you. I am happy to be part of the moderators team!

Please mention me with @LudwigGermany on your reply, so I get notified

Connect Moderator   Maps   Instagram   Twitter 

Connect Moderator

Wooo hooo @LudwigGermany! Congratulations! So happy to have you as a Connect Moderator! = )

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10
Level 9

Wow, @LudwigGermany. welcome to the Connect Moderator group 🙂

Level 10

Congratulations @LudwigGermany 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 9

Hi @LudwigGermany  Congratulations Great warm welcome in the Connect Moderator.

Welcome @LudwigGermany!!

Saya tidak memonitor pesan pribadi di Connect. Jika ada yang ingin ditanyakan, mohon dibagikan secara publik di board yang sesuai dengan topik yang ingin Anda bagikan. Terima kasih! 🙂

Level 8

@TraciC Thank you sharing these great inspiring people which I can now learn from

Level 6

Congrats all. ...................

five_arms_of_children_holding_together_on_white_plate-rf5665eaacaa94a78b9c38da53389c010_ambb0_8byvr_324.jpg

Level 10

@TraciCThere is no moderator from Africa, whats the problem?

Googler

@WaweruM Connect Moderators are selected based on their activity, helpfulness and accuracy in communicating with other Local Guides in Connect, not on their country of origin. 🙂

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9

Dear @TraciC 🙂

We have many active , helpful and well engaged members from Africa too 😉

Level 7

Aint there not any Indian LGConnect Moderators?!

Wanted to meet one..

mee to want to meet the Indian LGConnect Moderators

Level 7

You guys are epitome of what we strive to be. 

Helping people is the ultimate satisfaction one could get out of any service. 

This is what local guide community os to me. I would like to thank all 9 moderators (Currently) for their hard work towards making this world a better place for everyone. 

Level 10

@TraciCWell understood. meaning there is not even one active and helpful local guide in africa

@TraciC wrote:

@WaweruM Connect Moderators are selected based on their activity, helpfulness and accuracy in communicating with other Local Guides in Connect, not on their country of origin. 🙂

Level 10

@OSAMAVery True

@OSAMA wrote:

Dear @TraciC 🙂

We have many active , helpful and well engaged members from Africa too 😉

Googler

Hi @WaweruM. That is not what I said. 🙂

Level 10

Okay @TraciC

Hope soon you will look and select one helpful Local Guide from Africa

Hi Traci,

Thanks for what you are all doing there in the Local Guides family. I have been really enjoying helping local businesses, get their Google my Business pages happening, and it has been having really good results for them. Their businesses have been thriving. So, thank you Google.

Sonia

PS I am new at Connect, so please forgive me if I have done this incorrectly.

Level 8

Congrats to all the connect moderators and all the best for your future ❤️

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much @TraciC for this post. By this way I go to know whom to contact for some help or whom I should refer to. 

I'm so glad that Connect Moderators are doing their job so good and perfect.

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 6

is there any way for me to let the local guides team know that i want to be a moderator?

@IamTRoy4 make a search on google plus, sure there is 

@IamTRoy4 wrote:

Aint there not any Indian LGConnect Moderators?!

Wanted to meet one..

@muralikrishnaN you can become one

@MuraliK wrote:

mee to want to meet the Indian LGConnect Moderators

@VikasJangra exactly you are right

@VikasJangra wrote:

You guys are epitome of what we strive to be. 

Helping people is the ultimate satisfaction one could get out of any service. 

This is what local guide community os to me. I would like to thank all 9 moderators (Currently) for their hard work towards making this world a better place for everyone. 

@WaweruM thats not what @TraciC implies, when your level of dedication and effort matches that of connect moderator, surely u shall have it

@WaweruM wrote:

@TraciCWell understood. meaning there is not even one active and helpful local guide in africa

@TraciC wrote:

@SoniaMitchell kudos mate, you ar on the right path, shine on and nice to have you here

@SoniaMitchell wrote:

Hi Traci,

Thanks for what you are all doing there in the Local Guides family. I have been really enjoying helping local businesses, get their Google my Business pages happening, and it has been having really good results for them. Their businesses have been thriving. So, thank you Google.

Sonia

PS I am new at Connect, so please forgive me if I have done this incorrectly.

This is really helpful to indentify when and which time most of the Google Moderaters will be available. 

Thank you for hiring them they are really helping us and guiding us 🙂 I really appreciate you for posting this thread @TraciC

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 7

I dont think there are any right now.

However there are some great people from India contributing to the community.

@yidispreinyc no. If u deserve it, u will surely get it

@yidispreinyc wrote:

is there any way for me to let the local guides team know that i want to be a moderator?

@VikasJangra yeah i think you are right, there are great contributors from india. @TraciC i think by now we should have a connect moderator from india.

@VikasJangra wrote:

I dont think there are any right now.

However there are some great people from India contributing to the community.