Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Meet a Connect Moderator: Valeria

Note: This person is no longer a Connect Moderator.

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me. They apply the knowledge they’ve gained as active members of our community to moderate Connect and help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Each month, we share some personal insights from one of our amazing Connect Moderators. This month, meet @ValeriaA_. Valeria lives in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and speaks both Spanish and English. She is also currently learning German. Valeria enjoys helping and interacting with other Local Guides and loves taking photos.

Caption: A photo of Valeria wearing sunglasses at the Japanese Tea Garden in San Francisco, California. (Courtesy of Local Guide @ValeriaAumasque)Caption: A photo of Valeria wearing sunglasses at the Japanese Tea Garden in San Francisco, California. (Courtesy of Local Guide @ValeriaAumasque)

Name: Valeria Aumasque

What I love about being a Local Guide: I love being part of such a helpful community because we can talk to each other on Connect and learn so much about our cultures and countries. I have also learned that nationality or distance are not barriers but sometimes bridges between us. On the other hand, seeing how Maps evolves and improves with time as we generate more and more valuable content is super fulfilling for me!

Why I'm a Connect Moderator: It feels very nice being able to welcome new members and be a guide on how to use the platform or how to interact with other Local Guides. I want to make Connect improve, so I try to do my best. And I also like fighting spam ?

My favorite things to explore: I enjoy the Recoleta Cemetery in Buenos Aires. When I'm around the neighborhood, I try to visit there. I always discover new and exciting things. Some people think that it’s a bit creepy that I enjoy going to a cemetery, but this one is special. I’ve visited there many times since I was a child and I always thought of it as a place to explore, take photos, think about life (and death), and pet a kitten that lives there!

My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps: I love taking photos! An image says more than a thousand words, right? In my opinion, it’s one of the best ways to share information quickly and clearly. It’s also challenging because I try to get good photos of the places where I go. Another thing that I love is adding new places on Maps, like new small businesses that open in my city. I try to make the map as accurate and close to reality as possible.

Languages I read/write/speak fluently: My native language is Spanish, but I started learning English when I was 4 years old, so I am pretty fluent. I’m also learning German, but I’m not that good. I’m sure that I will keep on improving!

Places I'd like to visit: I have always wanted to visit Sydney, Australia since I was a child. My father used to have VHS videos about different cities from all around the world, and that one especially caught my attention because the cover had a photo of the Opera House.

Fun fact about me: Thanks to Connect, I have learned some HTML and got interested in the coding world. So I’m now learning XML and Java too. (I’m still a beginner of course!)

Caption: The 36 Walk meet-up organized by Paul Pavlinovich before Connect Live 2018 in San Francisco, October 2018Caption: The 36 Walk meet-up organized by Paul Pavlinovich before Connect Live 2018 in San Francisco, October 2018

----------------------------------

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @ValeriaA_Say hi or ask her a question below as se has a lot to share about Google Maps and Connect.

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Learn more here.

Want to learn about other Connect Moderators?

Learn more about StephenAbraham - November 2018

Learn more about Paul Pavlinovich - October 2018
Learn more about SampsonF - September 2018

Learn more about Sonia - August 2018

Learn more about Nunung - July 2018

Learn more about Shirley - June 2018

Learn more about Ilankovan - May 2018

Learn more about Farid - April 2018

Learn more about Ludwig - March 2018

Learn more about Karen - February 2018

Learn more about Ivan - January 2018

Learn more about Ermes - December 2017

53 comments
Level 10

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Valeria

Ciao @ValeriaA_ 🙂 You are always kind, nice to know more about you 🙂 I think she is the youngest CM, correct?

Level 9

Hello  @ValeriaAumasque  you are cool local guide and active connect moderator ,nice to see u in meet a connect moderator.. Thank you @Atsukot sharing with us...

Level 6

Hi. This is Sudipta from India. I am very glad that you are also a google local guide. We can help the

people by contribute a new place on google map.

What's your opinion ?

Sudipta Mondal
Former Google Contributor

@ValeriaA_ It was so nice to read your post! I found your visits to the cemetery really intriguing, but it is probably a great place to think and most are very quiet and tranquil places.

Level 6

You are very helpful person. 

Sudipta Mondal
Level 10

Once Again our Youngest Connect Moderator  @ValeriaA_  for you

17621957_1734390983241386_8048176142592518829_o.jpg

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

Having met you during Connect, I can actually imagine you saying those answers yourself with that cool laugh you always add! You are an awesome Local guide and moderator!

Level 10

Hola @LucioV! I think you are right, I am the youngest CM for now 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 10

Thanks @Sudipta21 @NirmalTeja and @MahabubMunna for your nice words.

Contributing to Google Maps is an amazing way to improve everyone's experience and help other people 🙂 I like creating new places because people will know that they are there.

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG