Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Meet a Connect Moderator: Sonia

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me, moderating Connect side-by-side with Googlers to help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Each month, we share some personal insights from one of our amazing Connect Moderators. This month, meet @SoniaK. Sonia is a foodie who loves to travel. She’s originally from Bangladesh, but is currently living in the United States. Sonia loves to help others on Connect and through her contributions on Google Maps. Learn more about her below.

Caption: A photo of Sonia on  an observation wheel in Orlando, Florida, United States. (Local Guide @SoniaK)Caption: A photo of Sonia on an observation wheel in Orlando, Florida, United States. (Local Guide @SoniaK)

Name: Sonia Binte Khorshed

Location: Originally from Dhaka, Bangladesh, currently residing in Florida, United States.

What I love about being a Local Guide: I love to share my knowledge about travel and food. As a Local Guide, I can share that knowledge to assist other travelers. I love it when I see that my contributions on Google Maps are helpful to others.

Why I'm a Connect Moderator: I like helping others with whatever knowledge I have. I enjoy reading the posts, particularly on travel, food, and photography. While doing so, I try to assist people to find a solution to their questions. Or, I refer them to someone else who might be able to help them if I don't have an answer. I love it when I know my assistance really helped someone.

My favorite place/thing/cuisine/other to explore: My favorite place to explore is where I find fresh air, like a serene corner in nature with birds chirping and sounds coming from the spring. My favorite thing to do is to pack my backpack and travel. I enjoy making the travel plans,too. I am the unofficial free travel consultant to many of my friends. I particularly love sushi and sashimi more than any other food. Thai food, in general, makes me drool. But on top of everything, any homemade food makes me happy. However, I can't tolerate if it's too spicy.

My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps: I used to like adding photos and reviews the most. But nowadays, I enjoy making all types of contributions. For example, if I go to a new restaurant, I enjoy adding it to Google Maps or updating their business information. I also enjoy being the first one to post a photo or review of any business.

Languages I read/write/speak fluently: Bangla is my mother language;English is my second language. I can read and speak in Hindi, and I also know Assamese well enough to read, write, and speak.

Places I'd like to visit: I can't limit it to just one; there are quite a number of places that I want to visit again and again. Ladakh in India, Pokhara in Nepal, New Zealand, Colorado and Alaska in the U.S., Spain, Portugal, Greece, Istanbul, and Antarctica are just a few of the names from the long list.

Fun fact about me: I am a foodie. I try and enjoy new and adventurous food all the time.I think everybody knows that already by now from reading my posts on Connect and my Google Maps contributions. What they might not know is I am known to be a great cook. When I am done working, I will open a small tea shop where I will sell varieties of teas with homemade snacks. The name of my tea shop will be InfiniTEA. All the members of the Local Guides team are most welcome to try my homemade snacks with amazing tea. If you are not a tea person and like coffee more, I will make you ”cha-fee.” You will definitely like it, I'm sure. ?

Caption:  A photo of Sonia wearing sunglasses while on a boat cruise over the chain of lakes in Winter Park, Florida, United States. (Local Guide @SoniaK)Caption: A photo of Sonia wearing sunglasses while on a boat cruise over the chain of lakes in Winter Park, Florida, United States. (Local Guide @SoniaK)

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @SoniaK. Say hi or ask her a question below as she has a lot to share about Google Maps and Connect.

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Learn more here.Want to learn about other Connect Moderators?

Florida, United States
66 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Sonia

Woot woot! We love you, @SoniaK! Loved learning more about you - a great moderator and a great human being. See you soon!

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 9

Congratulations @Sonia thanks for sharing @Atsukot

Ranjan
Level 8

Level 9

Many many congratulations @SoniaK Hope your have motivated other female LG from Bangladesh.

Regards,

Level 10

Hi @Atsukot,

Great post and thanks for sharing!

Hi @SoniaK,

I have enjoyed reading the post and the reasons why your are local guides and moderator. But I particulary loved the part related to place/thing/food to explore. I felt the paragraph was about myself!

Otherwise, I have noticed you haven't put Croatia in your wishing list. Have you been there? If not, have look at the thread.

It is good to learn more from you and I am looking forward meeting you in October!

See you there

Jul

Level 8

অভিনন্দন আপু। 

@SoniaK

Level 9

Wao @Atsukot,

Nice post, Thank you for sharing more details about @SoniaK.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Wow !!! Nice to see you @SoniaK. I know you are a great cook and still, I can remember the rice you cooked for us during the last year's Yosemite Meetup. If you haven't seen her shopping for cooking see the following video... 🙂 Hope to see you this October again...

Sonia - Cooking during the Yosmite meetup 2017

Level 10

আমাগ সোনিয়া আপু ❤️  @SoniaK . DSC09398.JPG

Mahabub Hasan