cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Sampson

Hi @VBenedict

Connect is evolving very quickly.

I notice now, our Signature line is rendered with line wrap, which is a welcome change.

You can set your signature in your Profile settings.

Level 8

This is great @YK1001   I will try to set it up.  Thanks.

Level 9

Thanks for this great post @Atsukot 🙂

We have been good friends even before I become a connect moderator.  we had a nice time last year at summit17 🙂

IMG_20171012_131718.JPG

Level 8

Thank you very much, @IlankovanT.

IIRC, this was taken  near the Golden Gate bridge. 

We were having buffet lunch on the grass.

Level 9

Hello, I Know many starts here in LC and out as well, but @YK1001 is really one of the special local guides and interesting person, I was really lucky meeting him in person in last #LGSummit17 in many occasions, starting with Yosemite park 48 hours meetup 🙂 then during the summit and still in contact, yes, Sampson is really amazing person, reliable , excellent judge, reasonable, and excellent human, he will never wait to support, he is always there, treating everyone with full understanding and respecting the point of view 

And here in connect, I have seen many of his post's, yes, he is valuable asset for all of us here ✔

If you got any chance to join him for any meetup, never miss the opportunity 

Nice to ready about you Sampson here, proud of our friendship 👍

Level 4

Que beneficios obtengo siendo un moderador o tener un nivel mas alto ?

Level 8

Hi @StevEliMon,

There is no defined benefits for us CMs under the LGs program.

In Connect, we have an extra Badge, which is always our profile badge,  helps us to be easily recognised by fellow LGs.

Google Moderators are actively supporting and coaching CMs to do what we are doing related to the CM role.

These two are the best benefis to me.

Refer to below for having interests to becime a CM:

Interested in becoming a moderator for Local Guides Connect? Here’s what we’re looking for:

• Local Guides Level 5+ who actively contribute to Google Maps and Local Guides Connect
  • Friendly and respectful community members who help keep Connect a warm, welcoming and informative place with their knowledge, accuracy and tone

There is no application or nomination process. Keep contributing and engaging with your fellow Local Guides and the Local Guides team will be in touch if you are selected.

Level 8

Hi @MuhannadK,

Sorry for my late reply.

I am too shame and your kind words make me don't know what to say.

After cooling down, I am now able to say something.

Being able to joined @SoniaK's Team Yoesmite is an excellent experience.  I am still enjoying  the benefits after this whole year.  And I am sure it will be life long. 

It is friendshio.

It is a pity I cannot join her team this year.   I certainly missed this chance to build string bondings to the team members.

And I know I can always rely on you whenever I need advices to tell people about your places.

Thank you very much!

Connect Moderator

There is always a next time @YK1001 . Life doesn't end in CL18,rather, to some extend, that's where it starts. We started a lot of new friendship while cherishing our old ones. We will make more new friends in 2019 and so on. When it comes to travel I am always up for any planning or advice. Yes, you may count on me if I can be of any help for traveling. 🙂

Thank you @Atsukot  for sharing Sampson's story with us. (Sorry for being late in response to this post. I was away for a while.) I know how he gets lost in direction despite studying maps so hard. He was our roadtrip team member on Team Yosemite. But still he is super cute. One little thing I think I should add here, that people need to know about him is, he is very organized and pays attention to the details. He was our treasurer on the roadtrip. He did his calculation so well that even a fraction of a dollar was also not missed. I was very impressed seeing this. I wish he was in our team last year as well, but I understand he had some other priorities. May be next time. 🙂