Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Meet a Connect Moderator: Sampson

---This person is no longer a Connect Moderator---

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me. They apply the knowledge they’ve gained as active members of our community to moderate Connect and help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Each month, we share some personal insights from one of our amazing Connect Moderators. This month, meet @SampsonF. Sampson, who currently lives in Hong Kong, has also lived in Taiwan, and speaks both Cantonese and Mandarin. Sampson enjoys editing the map and loves to help others on Connect. Learn more about him below.

Caption: A photo of Sampson on the Xiangshan Hiking Trail in January 2017. The sign celebrates Taipei’s victory in the LGChallenge 2016. The tallest building in Taiwan, the Taipei 101 Tower, is behind him. (Local Guide @SampsonF)Caption: A photo of Sampson on the Xiangshan Hiking Trail in January 2017. The sign celebrates Taipei’s victory in the LGChallenge 2016. The tallest building in Taiwan, the Taipei 101 Tower, is behind him. (Local Guide @SampsonF)

Name: Sampson Fung

What I love about being a Local Guide: It’s great to connect with people from all around the world who share my goals, values, and interests. We have debates and discussions. We teach each other and learn.

Why I'm a Connect Moderator: I am not shy about giving feedback whenever I see something that doesn’t seem right. I like to help people participate in the best way possible. I have received special badges since becoming a Connect Moderator, but I don’t feel pressure to moderate. I just continue doing what I did before I became a Connect Moderator. At the same time, Google Moderators and Googlers put a lot of effort into supporting Connect Moderators, and I learn a lot from them.

My favorite place to explore: I’m drawn to anything sea-related: lighthouses, ports, museums.

My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps: I enjoy editing the map, reporting an error, adding a missing place, and more.

Languages I read/write/speak fluently: Cantonese, Mandarin, and English.

Places I'd like to visit: Can I name five? No? Then I would say...the Great Pyramids in Egypt!

One thing I'd like everyone to know about me: I enjoy reading maps, and yet I frequently get lost in the real world. I think that’s because the compasses on my phones have not been good.  Please tell me which phone you believe has the best compass ever! ?

Caption: A group photo from the first Local Guides meet-up Sampson ever attended, which was organized by a Taiwan Local Guides Community in June 2016 (Local Guide @SampsonF)Caption: A group photo from the first Local Guides meet-up Sampson ever attended, which was organized by a Taiwan Local Guides Community in June 2016 (Local Guide @SampsonF)

----------------------------------

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @SampsonF. Say hi or ask him a question below as he has a lot to share about Google Maps and Connect.

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Learn more here.

Want to learn about other Connect Moderators?

Learn more about Ermes - December 2017

Learn more about Ivan - January 2018

Learn more about Karen - February 2018

Learn more about Ludwig - March 2018

Learn more about Farid - April 2018

Learn more about Ilankovan - May 2018

Learn more about Shirley - June 2018

Learn more about Nunung - July 2018

Learn more about Sonia - August 2018

78 comments
Level 8

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Sampson

謝謝 @Atsukot

讓我來試試轉成中文。

---

(相片1:2017年1月,志泉攝於象山步道。手持的牌子,是慶祝台北勝出了2016年度的在地嚮導大挑戰。背景最高的是台灣第一高樓 - 台北101大樓。)

名字: 馮志泉

地點: 香港

作為在地嚮導,我的最愛:可以跟世界各地志同道合的同道人聯繫,是最棒的。我們一起辯論,一起討論。我們互相切磋成長。

為何我是在地嚮導論壇的主持人:當覺得事情不妥當時,我會直言無忌的。我喜歡為大家能以最好的方式參與(在地嚮導)略盡綿力。自從我成為主持人後,我的頭像就有了一個特別的徽章,但這並不會左右我如何主持論壇。我只是維持一貫參與論壇的方式就好了。同時,官方主持人及谷歌客一直在花大量心力去協助我們,我獲益良多。

我最愛發掘的地方:我被海洋深深的吸引著:燈塔,港口,博物館等等。

我最愛對地圖的貢獻方式:我享受更正地圖。報告錯處,添加地標,不等。

我能讀寫講的語言:廣東話,國語,繁體中文,簡體中文(讀),英文。

我想去的地方: 可以列五處嗎?不成?那.... 埃及的大金字塔

我想告訴大家關於我的一件事: 我享受看地圖。但仍常常迷路。我想是我流動電話的指南針都不好。請大家告訴我那支流動電話的指南指是最好的! :)

(相片2:我第一次參加在地嚮導聚會的合照。台灣在地嚮導群組在2016年主辦。右三為志泉。)

Level 10

Connect Moderator

Wowwww, thank you @Atsukot for this post about @YK1001, one of our best Connect Moderators, and one of mine, of course, when I joined the program.

Beautiful photos too, I love your camera on the backpack 🙂

Level 8

@YK1001@Proud of you to representing Hong Kong!  No doubt you are a good moderator by heart!

Joseph Zhan
Level 10

回應: Meet a Connect Moderator: Sampson

你是最棒的, 😊 @YK1001

Level 10

謝謝入門的小組長,透過Map 探索更無止境的人事物。

Level 8

謝謝@YK1001!!

Great to see your big efforts.:))

MANY MANY THANKS.有你真好

Level 9

Hello @Atsukot

Thank you for introducing @YK1001

I know him very well as a smiley face.

Connect Moderator

Yayy @YK1001! It’s your month here on Connect! Thanks @Atsukot for introducing Sampson to us here on Connect. 

Sampson, when you come to SF next month be sure to visit the Asian Art Museum. It has the largest collection of Asian Art outside of Asia. The museum itself is in the original SF library building. It’s in the middle of Civic Center and across from SF City Hall (which you should also visit too - free to go in).

How high were you up with the tallest building in Taipei behind you? Also how does this building rank in terms of “tallest” globally?

Cheers,

Karen