Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Ivan Yudhi

Hey @VBenedict - No there's no formal database to find Local Guides. What I usually do is create a post on Connect, tagging the post with the location of where I'm planning to go. I share about my plan, where I'm going, and what info I'm trying to get. It doesn't always get response, but it has worked a few times 🙂

Another thing I do is basically try to remember if I know any Local Guides that lives in the area. There's no exact science to this. Maybe it just happens that I know a certain Local Guides lives in the area, based on my interaction in Connect or other communities, and I just try to reach out to the person directly. 

It's also helpful to find Local Guides communities in the destination area. Make a post there explaining your plan, and there's a good chance someone will see it. I did it a few times and was able to find a few Local Guides before.

Hope that helps!

Connect Moderator

LOL thanks @NunungAfuah! Thanks for hosting me during my visit to Batu 😄

Connect Moderator

@LucioV Haven't got a chance to take a (good) photo with it. Hopefully in the next few days 🙂

Connect Moderator

Thanks for the kind words @Ch-Marwen @KAbhishek @Sandkey @deepakjhic

Level 8

Hello @iyudhi

Yes, indeed it does help considerably.

Thank you for sharing. 

If you are ever in the New York area, I live in Westchester County, NY let me know. Perhaps we can organize a meet-up.

Best of success 🐘 with your new endeavor as a Connect Moderator 🎡

Connect Moderator

@VBenedict Absolutely!

I was in fact in NYC last year. Was working in Pennsylvania for the week, then decided to spend the weekend in NYC for the weekend (I was flying out of Newark). Even got a chance to attend an LG photowalk and swung by the Google NYC office and meet the team 🙂 I will let you know if I'm back in the area (need to go back to the Nintendo NYC store haha)

Pretty cool view huh? :)Pretty cool view huh? 🙂

Level 9

Dear @Atsukot thanks for sharing these details about @iyudhi.

Love to have one like him from Bangladesh 

Level 8

What a terrific selfie hehe...  i recognize 

@TraciC  you and the others look familiar but not sure 🤔

Great view of Manhattan!  

You took a selfieeee😄

Level 9

Hi Ivan,

Nice to meet you.  Hole in the walls are sometimes the best.  Years ago, I travelled to both Java & Bali & had amazing

eats in both.  People were so wonderful.  I still remember staying by myself on the off season in Bali, near Ubud, in a 
old King's Palace.  The caretaker put me on the back of his Moped & took me to the most wonderful Hole-in-the-walls

in Ubud.  Each dish was only $1...so I ordered a dozen.  Besides the eats, I loved the many temples in Indonesia.

Too bad that all too few Americans appreciate the less known places.

Since it seems that you are now based in SF, you are most welcomed in my local area, which is really not far from

the SF Bay area.  As you know, CA has thousands of miles of coast line & down here on the Central Coast, there

are really tons of accessible little beaches, coves, and Holes-in-the-Walls to explore.

Aloha,

Paul 🙂

A Sunset @ Shell Beach/ Pismo Beach, CAA Sunset @ Shell Beach/ Pismo Beach, CA

Andromeda Galaxy as seen from my PorchAndromeda Galaxy as seen from my Porch

Level 7

First Connect moderator! Amazing !! Congrats @iyudhi Keep being awesome, and hopefully we could connect soon 🙂

@Atsukot Thank you so much for sharing with us. It only takes a big heart to do that.