Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Meet a Connect Moderator: Ivan Yudhi

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me, moderating Connect side-by-side with Googlers to help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

We’ll share some personal insights about our Connect Moderators as you may come across them here in our forum. This month, meet @iyudhi from San Francisco.  

Name: Ivan Yudhi

What I love about being a Local Guide: It's all about the community. I feel like wherever I go, I always have friends, whether it's in the form of reviews/photos, or actually meeting other Local Guides live in person. We basically help each other improve information that benefits everyone, wherever we are, whenever it is. Can't be any cooler than that 🙂

Why I'm a Connect Moderator: It's a fun place to engage other Local Guides all around the world and trade information.

My favorite [place/thing/cuisine/other] to explore: Hole in the wall restaurants, street food, ramen, to name a few. I also have a soft spot for Japanese food in general and fresh sushi.

My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps: Reviews and photos.

Languages I read/write/speak fluently: English and Bahasa (Indonesian).

Places I'd like to visit: Japan - I've been to the country a few times in the past few years, and kept wanting to go back more. I usually do it during my layover flight back home to Indonesia. Love everything about the country and there's so much things to explore! - food, culture, entertainment, art, etc.

Fun fact about me: Whenever I travel, I always look up Local Guides in the area. So far I've had real life meet-ups with Local Guides in San Francisco Bay Area (of course), Indonesia (Jakarta, Surabaya, Semarang, Batu), Singapore, Japan (Tokyo, Osaka, Sapporo), Vancouver, Hong Kong, and different cities across the US. Thanks to them, I was able to experience local stuff that I otherwise wouldn't be able to do. I've also developed a habit of taking the longest layover whenever I fly, just to give me an excuse to explore.

Dec 24, 2017 in Jakarta - fun meet-up with Jakarta Local Guides. We met at this eatery owned by one of the members and chatted about the Local Guides program.Dec 24, 2017 in Jakarta - fun meet-up with Jakarta Local Guides. We met at this eatery owned by one of the members and chatted about the Local Guides program.

[Recap] Meet-up with Jakarta Local Guides - 24-Dec-2017

Dec 2017 - Tsukiji Fish Market at 5 a.m. during a 3-day layover in Tokyo on my way to Jakarta. People lined up in the early morning to eat fresh sushi, and I was one of them.Dec 2017 - Tsukiji Fish Market at 5 a.m. during a 3-day layover in Tokyo on my way to Jakarta. People lined up in the early morning to eat fresh sushi, and I was one of them.

[A Local Guide Story] Early Morning Adventure at the Tsukiji Fish Market!

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @iyudhi. Say hi or ask him a question below as he has a lot to share about Google Maps and maps in general.

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Learn more here.

Interested in learning about other Connect Moderators? Read December’s post about @ErmesT.

San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
58 comments
Level 8

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Ivan Yudhi

Wow seems like this month it's @iyudhi it's really good to know about you and thank you so much for helping us her in community and outside of the community too.

God bless you with good health 🙂

@Atsukot I m really glad that you posted this and ya I already went through that discussion regarding @ErmesT 🙂

Happy Guiding ! Happy Mapping 🙂

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Connect Moderator

Hi @iyudhi

I think seems is your "fun time" now.

Woooo

Thanks for the change @Atsukot

IVAN is the first Connect Moderator, my first moderator too, when I just arrived in Connect.

So go Ivan, go

Ermes 

Level 10

Ivan, first connect moderator, true legend! 🙂

Nice to know more about you! 🙂

Hope to meet you!

@iyudhi what's your best strategy to find Local Guides in the area are you going to visit?

Connect Moderator

@Atsukot Thanks for the post 🙂

@ErmesT @Jagadeesh_Reddy thanks for the kind words!

@LucioV Before Connect, I usually post on the private LG community, just explaining where I'm going and which date. I also try to find the local community on G+ and post there. Nowadays I post on Connect explaining where I'm going and which dates. I also browse the 'Let's Meet Up' board and see if I can spot anyone local to where I'm going, and post there. Sometimes I just happen to remember Local Guides that lives in the destination I'm going and I reach out to them. There's no exact science, really, but I'm glad that I've got the chance to meet lots of Local Guides during my travel 🙂

Former Google Contributor

Thank you so much @iyudhi for letting us introduce you to the Connect community 🙂

Connect Moderator

@Atsukot thanks for share this story and introduction about @iyudhi who was our first Connect moderator. I saw his guidance in the first time of my connect journey. He is a very helpful connect moderator. 

Happy Guiding !!

Connect Moderator

@iyudhi is indeed a great Moderator having a wonderful mind to help others. I remember his assistance in finding other Local Guides arrived in SFO airport during the summit. I was in dark and totally confused about how to and where to find them when I was traveling on a domestic ticket and the rest were on international tickets. But Ivan gave me every detail, including how to reach the international terminal (and not the terminal 1) and catch train from there to reach the city. He had been a great help. It's a pity that I did not get much time to hang out with him. For that, I probably will have to go back to SF again, for another meet up (and that's another excuse to go to the Bay city, I guess :P).

Thank you, Ivan, for being a great help back then, even though we didnt know each other then. And thanks @Atsukot for telling us about him. Indeed, he is a great Local Guide. 

Level 10

Wow! Our first connect moderator @iyudhi nice to know your introduction you're inspiration for everyone. @Atsukot thanks for sharing this post. 

Connect Moderator

@SoniaK I remember the story haha. I'm glad you were able to find the others 😄

Yes yes come back to SF. We can go explore!