Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Ermest

You are most welcome, @ErmesT. I can assure you that you truly deserve every feedback you got.. 🙂

@ErmesT wrote:

Hi @SalmaanN

Thanks for your kind words.

Really I am surprised of the feedback that I am receiving from all you guys.

I think I have to "hide myself" a bit more, in the future, but I am very happy tha you like my posts. I'm really very proud of them

Ermes

Vellore Local Guides
Level 7

@ErmesT wrote:

@EjazShah how are you?

So happy to see you in this thread. How is everything in UAE?

@EjazShah wrote:

@ErmesT, an amazing personality who is always willing to help others. Stay blessed dear 

My best wishes for an Happy New Year and a great 2018

Ermes

Thank you @ErmesT, UAE as usual changing day by day (continuus development).

Any plan to visit here?

Wish you a happy and prosperous coming New Year 😀

Connect Moderator

I have a plan for a round trip around the planet @EjazShah

But I will have to wait for being retired. 

And my plan of course include UAE, to meet some local and some Italian friends working there 

All the best to you 

Ermes 

Level 8

Kudos @ErmesT!
Connect Moderator

Grazie @GianlucaCo

Kudos è una bella parola, but the feedback of friendship that I am receiving here, is much much more than kudos, is priceless

All the best to you and your family 

Buona vita 

Ermes 

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT the legend 🙂

Well done @Atsukot I think you captured him pretty well 🙂

Connect Moderator

@Atsukot, thanks so much for writing this post about @ErmesT. He is definitely one of the unsung, tireless Local Guides heroes here on Connect and rightfully deserves to be the first Connect Moderator to be highlighted here in this new monthly Connect series: Meet a Connect Moderator.

At the LGSummit17 Closing Party, I was right next to Ermest when it was announced that he rightfully won  "The Most Helpful (Time Spent as a ) Local Guide on Connect."  The crowd went crazy with joyous screams and clapping that night. 

I can speak for the other Local Guides Connect Moderators that Ermest generously cares about all Local Guides.   No matter what time of day here in San Francisco, a 9-hour time zone difference from where Ermes is in Italy,  I "see" his magic everytime I am online here on Connect.  Ermes is always online or will respond pretty quickly to a fellow Local Guide, one of us Connect Mods, or members of the Local Guides Team.

Mind you Ermes does work full-time and has many different interests. It is in his DNA to personally to bring out the best of fellow LGs here on Connect by encouraging, motivating, and highlighting LGs' posts, photos, and meet-up recaps.  For Ermes, he equally enjoys being a Connect Moderator, being a part of the global Local Guides Connect Community as much as he does for his local Italian Community.  His mind is always thinking how to make things better in all three spheres.

I've only known Ermes for 6 months, but it feels like I have known him for years.  His enthusiasm and energy are addicting. I cannot wait to see what 2018 will bring him here on Connect and what he wants to do make Local Guides and Google Maps even better!

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Hehe, @PaulPavlinovich, legend is a word that I am always using for mentioning you, so I have the Copyright for it.

Well, thanks Paul, you are one of the best Local Guides in Connect, I will never forget your Friendship.

Ermes

DSC03850.jpg

Connect Moderator

@KarenVChin

It is not so easy to reply to what you wrote, and you deserve a special reply. What you said is right, we becomes friends in no time, and I really cannot believe that we knew each other only 6 month ago.

I have no words right now (this is quite strange, isn't it?), I had to take a breath before to reply, so I decided for a short walk in the garden. Today is the first day of winter. Temperature is dropping down to -5 in the night (is 1am here), the air is very dry and the sky is bright, full of stars. During my walk I have found, (like when you pick a book, close your eyes, and put a finger in a page) the reply for you. Being here I have learned that we should always expect the unexpected. Life is coming up, even in the deep dark of a winter's night, and this surprised me.

So thanks Karen, thanks for being you. It is nice, today, being featured together in the first page of Connect, like the two friends that we are.

Ermes

Spoiler
IMG_20171222_005809.jpg

Connect Moderator

Lol @ErmesT that picture captures the spirit of Local Guides so well - four people, all doing the same thing together but separately but together. In that moment the four of us were taking part in a conversation, but at the same time we're all looking in different directions to spot something new that would be helpful to other people to add to Maps. Well captured :).