Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Meet a Connect Moderator: Ermes Tuon

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me, moderating Connect side-by-side with Googlers to help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Starting this month, we’ll share some personal insights about our Connect Moderators as you may come across them here in our forum. This month, meet @ErmesT from Italy.  

Name: Ermes Tuon

What I love about being a Local Guide: My love for maps is more than 40 years old. I have a quite big collection of paper maps, of most of the places where I have been. I had to pay for most of those maps: In an evolving world, with roads changing every year, I had to buy new maps very frequently. Discovering Google Maps was for me very important. I use Maps almost every day and I try to keep it updated in my area. I love to discover new places to add, and I love to take photos of the shops that I frequent. In the mall where I usually go, most of the the cover photos are ones I’ve taken.

Why I'm a Connect Moderator: I can clearly identify the moment when my participation on Connect had a very important change: December 10, 2016 (exactly one year ago). I was taking part in the Local Guides Volunteer Day 2016, traveling from Treviso to Norcia (the area of the earthquake) with a van full of clothes, food, and other needed items. It was my very first moment of collective work with other Local Guides. From that moment, Connect was for me a reference, a beautiful and interesting way for interacting with people all around the world. I never give up, so I think that this was the main reason for being picked as a Moderator.

My favorite [place/thing/cuisine/other] to explore: Hahaha, this is not so easy to reply. Well, you have read about my Treviso Wine Meet-up, so you know I love to explore food. I have traveled for more than 10 years, in China (2 years), the USA (1.5 years), Argentina (more than 1 year) and Turkey (1 year), only to mention my longest trips. Everywhere I have discovered wonderful food, and amazing places. However, I most like to explore natural places, and I love to take photos and share them. My contributions in Connect are in fact mostly dedicated to two subjects:

My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps:

• Adding new places
  • Edit wrong information
  • Adding photos

Languages I read/write/speak fluently:

• Italian - of course
  • English and Spanish - not very fluent, but for sure I can survive

Places I'd like to visit: New Zealand, Australia and Canada, as I’ve never been there.

Fun fact about me: In the late ’70s I was a very good hitchhiker, moving across all Italy with a backpack and a camping tent. Then, for longer distance, I started to use the train, moving from Venice to Sicily. I still remember a horrible dish of spaghetti, cooked in the Boboli Garden (Florence).

A conference in Thiene about re-building for the areas of the earthquake - photo taken by LucioVA conference in Thiene about re-building for the areas of the earthquake - photo taken by LucioV

With AlejandraMaría and a bottle of California wine by courtesy of KarenVChinWith AlejandraMaría and a bottle of California wine by courtesy of KarenVChin

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @ErmesT. Say hi or ask him a question below as he has a lot to share about Google Maps and maps in general.

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Learn more here.

Treviso, Province of Treviso, Italy
215 comments
Level 8

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Ermest

Wow so much to know about him 🙂 @Atsukot thanks for this. He really is a nice person who trends to help people who are new. He guided me and guides me how to interact in LG. 

Thank you for everything @ErmesT

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Connect Moderator

So hi, @Atsukot

thank you for this, you make me blushing now.

I'm used to stay behind the camera, not to be the subject of the photos but, well, let's try.

Ermes

Connect Moderator

Hehe, @Jagadeesh_Reddy, thank you so much.

You are learning in a fast way, there is only one things that I would like to suggest to you: Have fun in here, write some beautiful post, enjoy your stay in Connect writing some interesting story

Please tag me when you will do it, I will be happy to read it

Ermes

Level 8

Sure 🙂 I'll keep you posted. @ErmesT

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Former Google Contributor

Thank you so much! @Jagadeesh_Reddy

We are very happy to put a spotlight on you @ErmesT 🙂 Thank you so much for let us introduce you to the Connect community!

Level 10

Mmmhhh I know this guy! 🙂
Proud to be a supporter from the first hours of @ErmesT on connect! 🙂 I think the first reply was mine! 🙂

Connect Moderator

Yes @LucioV, you are absolutely right.

Do you know what is the beautiful things? please, read the post (my very first post): https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Progetto-Re-Building-sharing-memories/m-p/6...

Thanks @Atsukot, I'm going back in my history and ... It seems that I knew from the beginning where to go. OMG

Ermes

Level 10

Hi @Atsukot thanks for sharing about our connect moderator @ErmesT. I've meet in person with Ermest at Local Guides Summit 2017 and yes, he is a very nice and open minded person who love to talks to everyone and share his knowledge about Google Maps and else. 

His photo by @LucioV shows that he does love to help others, including helping all of us here in Local Guides Connect 😉

Connect Moderator

Thanks for your kind words @BudionoS

It was a pleasure to meet you personally at the Lgsummit2017, and is a pleasure to follow your activities in here.

I love to learn from you 

Ermes