MutiahA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Meet Mutiah, a Local Guides from Malang, Indonesia.

Hello, I'm Mutiah from Malang Local Guides, Indonesia. Currently I'm a final year architecture student and also one of moderators of Malang Local Guides. 

My experience in Local Guides starts from September 2015 (more on my previous post). My biggest accomplishment in this program are being invited to Local Guides Summit 2017, last October in San Francisco, CA. Being one of the youngest participant, i'm more than grateful to met many keen and top Local Guides from around the world.  They're all different but have its own inspiring-side. I'm happy for being a part of this big world-wide  communities, as one big family.

My experience in #LGSummit17 are gave benefits to my current contribution in my city, Malang. I saw many improvements in Google products, that gives me inspiration to collaborate it for my community. And also, I'm inspired with what @ErmesT show me in the Summit about his works on preserving heritage area through 360 degrees photos and videos on Google Maps. Now I'm currently collaborated with local government to build Kampoeng Heritage Kayutangan as one of the most oldest urban village that laid behind the famous Basuki Rahmat Street (formerly Malang city center in Dutch era). Along with Malang Local Guides and Batu Local Guides, we helped featured this place on Google Maps. DSC_0036.JPG

30591054_2062799614043054_5517662150648135680_n.jpg

DSC_3990.JPG

sharing my experience in LGSUmmit17sharing my experience in LGSUmmit17

1-save-malang-heritage-darmono-9.jpg

We did a Heritage Photo Walk there, along with some local communities (50+ people joined) and added the photos on google Maps. As an architecture student myself, photo walking around a place of heritage buildings is always a good idea for shared to Google Maps. And can experience such things with fellow Local Guides and helped the community, is a big plus.

Since the village are now become popular, there's many new local businesses. Now I'm currently adding some of it and planning on doing 360 degrees photo walk as a virtual tour, so people can see it thru Google Maps. That's what can I help as a Local Guides. I do believe there's many things we can do thru Local Guides to help our communities. 

Hopefully I can make it to #ConnectLive18 as I believe that there's many things I need to know about the program. More than just contributing to Maps, the knowledge we received will be the powerful tools to help giving solutions for our community. I'm more than eager to meet you all in San Francisco. Thank you 🙂

Mutiah

Malang, Malang City, East Java, Indonesia
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Meet Mutiah, a Local Guides from Malang, Indonesia.

Wow @MutiahA,

It seems you are moving forward too, with your Local Guide Activity. It is an honor for me to be mentioned in here, and I am so happy about what you are doing in Historical Heritages.

So it is a pleasure for me to show you our progress. Do you want to travel with me?

My best wishes for your application at ConnectLive18

Ermes

Level 9

@ErmesT Thanks for coming!

I just recently viewed your post, the progress seems so fast after the last time I read the previous post! I can see that..Long haul drive, hilly roads, you named it.. But you guys goes all the way to help the people. It should be done by larger communities or institution but you guys really nailed it. It's a core of volunteerism. 

Also all the best for your application, Google must be considering you since the very first time! 🙂

Connect Moderator

Thank you for your words, @MutiahA

Institution are doing what they have to do (slowly but they are doing it), while we take care of different aspects, from mapping to talking/lestening with people. In small villages their feeling is to be abandoned, alone, so listening is an important step.

Ermes

Level 9

AAwesome post @MutiahA, I will also be organizing a Heritage walk shortly.

Best of luck with your application for Connect live!