TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Meet Accessibility Champion, Emeka

@KarenVChin

Thank you for your kind words and your deference in which to raise again this concern of the accessibility icon.
Best regards

LuaPL
Connect Moderator

You’re welcome @LuaPL. I had an uncle who became a quadriplegic after a freak accident when he was 10. He passed away recently at 68. So my family is well aware the importance of mobility and the simple act of having sidewalks ready for a wheelchair among other things.

It is only in the last 30 - 40 years that we have in the US, public buildings and restrooms (WCs), sidewalks, etc  to be disability friendly, which also included the use of strollers (prams), walkers, walking sticks for the blind, etc. too.

Being a Local Guide and active here on Connect, I get reminded everyday of what being “truly mobile” really means from fellow LGs like you and @EmekaUlor in your countries.

Thanks for sharing your local stories here!

Cheers,

Karen 

Level 9

It´s really nice to see how you @EmekaUlor care deeply about accessibility.

I am totally agree that this information is very useful at Google Maps.

Congratulations for this amazing contributions :)))

Good Morning from the South of Spain,

Alejandra. 

Connect Moderator

Thank you @AlejandraMaria I appreciate your kind words.

I hope Spain is treating you fine. 

Cheers

Emeka 

Level 7

@emeka house,. I always enjoy reading about him and all his adventures and passion for accessibility and mapping generally.  Emeka is my inspiration as a Google guide, he is a very humble personality yet so worthy. He teaches how to suceeed and how to map effectively. he loves to carry every one along selflessly.Looking forward to reading more of you  emeka and  your tips has really been helpful to me.

Connect Moderator

Dear @uniqueMonique I am surprised and overwhelmed by such touching words.

Thank you for the compliments. You are such a strong and nice person yourself.

Glad you are a Local Guide too😊

Level 6

@EmekaUloreffort and passion is needs to be adopted by more local guides to help made each country on Google Map with accessibility friendly. Thanks @TraciC for sharing.

Advocate for All Inclusive Accessibility via Map
Connect Moderator

Thank you @SpecialGuide and encouragement. I believe accessibility is a key interest for Local Guides and there is regular awareness to write reviews and capture such information on the maps too. We all just need to keep this in mind always. 🙂 

Level 8

@EmekaUlor   Hi ... did you write up your presentation "Going Green with Google Maps" please ? Is there a link to it somewhere that I haven't found?

Connect Moderator

Hi @Dave26 sorry, I don't think I did a post about the topic here on Connect. I will look for the slides and share with you.