Raphael-Mahumane's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Meaning of the following icon on For you tab and under Number of Contributions:Ratings

Hello local guides, I have been asking my self questions regarding the following icons found on screen window, For you tab which is figure: 1, there is an icon of a circle with Google colors inside written 86% match, can you please help me understand the meaning of that please?  The second one is on the contribution window where there is Number of Contributions I do not understand what the word rating mean there, either is how I am rated based on my contribution or what? and that is shown on figure: 2.  Thank you.

Figure: 1                                                         

MatchMatch

Figure: 2

RatingsRatings

4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Meaning of the following icon on For you tab and under Number of Contributions:Ratings

Hi @Raphael-Mahumane

The circle is representing your affinity with that place.

Based on your previous contributions, Google Maps is suggesting to you places that you will probably find interesting for you.

To simplify, let say that, if 90 % of my rating and reviews are in restaurant where they serve Pizza, and 10% in Vegan Restaurants, maps will give to me an higher affinity in pizza restaurants.

Rating is the number of business where you gave a "rating" (stars) only, without a review

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Meaning of the following icon on For you tab and under Number of Contributions:Ratings

Hi @Raphael-Mahumane

The circle is representing your affinity with that place.

Based on your previous contributions, Google Maps is suggesting to you places that you will probably find interesting for you.

To simplify, let say that, if 90 % of my rating and reviews are in restaurant where they serve Pizza, and 10% in Vegan Restaurants, maps will give to me an higher affinity in pizza restaurants.

Rating is the number of business where you gave a "rating" (stars) only, without a review

Level 9

Very well explained @ErmesT, Now I will know what is happening on my screen and the meaning of Ratting,  sometimes when I look at these things they look like some gauge meters or JavaScript language that I do not know, but for now I will be running smooth with understanding. Thank you a lot for your help!  

Connect Moderator

@Raphael-Mahumane

I explained the meaning of rating in the last part of my reply. Rating is when you give stars on a business.

If this is not what you are looking for, please post a screenshot, so it will be easier for us to reply.

Thank you

Level 9

I am certisfied now with everything. Thank you once again.