AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

May 18 is No Dirty Dishes Day! Here's how to celebrate.

Hate doing dishes, but love eating? No Dirty Dishes Day is a silly holiday made with you in mind. On May 18th, people are encouraged to take a break from the daily obligation of doing dishes by avoiding eating on any of their own plates, cups, bowls, or silverware. That means no dirty dishes in the sink, dishwasher, or anywhere else in the house.

Tonight, go ahead and finish scrubbing all of the dishes that have piled up. Then, go to bed knowing that you won’t have to do them all over again tomorrow.

Here are a few ways you can make the most of No Dirty Dishes Day–and help other Local Guides like you in the process.

1. Head over to your favorite park and grab food from a local vendor or food truck. Or pack a picnic with disposable plates and cutlery. To help protect our environment, make sure they’re recyclable or biodegradable.

Caption: A photo of a hand holding a cheeseburger. (Getty Images)Caption: A photo of a hand holding a cheeseburger. (Getty Images)

While you’re there, take advantage of the natural light and add a photo on Google Maps. Upload photos that let others know about the park’s features and great nearby food spots.

2. Use the day as an opportunity to try a new restaurant. Or an excuse to pay another visit to your favorite place.

Caption: A photo of a woman eating with chopsticks in a restaurant. (Getty Images)Caption: A photo of a woman eating with chopsticks in a restaurant. (Getty Images)

After you eat, add a review on Google Maps about what you thought of the food, atmosphere, and service. You can help people with dietary restrictions by noting whether or not the restaurant has gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan-friendly options on the menu.

3. Don't feel like dining out? Order in.

Caption: A photo of people getting takeout from a food vendor. (Getty Images)Caption: A photo of people getting takeout from a food vendor. (Getty Images)

Help others find great places to order takeout or delivery by creating a list of your favorite restaurants on Google Maps. Be sure to set your list’s sharing options to Public and add #LocalGuides to the description for the chance to get it promoted on our social channels.

How do you plan to celebrate No Dirty Dishes Day? Tell us in the comments and show us on social media by tagging @LocalGuides and using #NoDirtyDishesDay.

69 comments
Level 10

Re: May 18 is No Dirty Dishes Day! Here's how to celebrate.

Hi @AriMar! This is just great! I didn't know about this day, now I'm really interested in celebrating it 🙂

It's also a great excuse to eat at a restaurant or another place outside home, to avoid washing the dishes!

Thanks a lot for sharing this with us, I think I'll tell about it to everyone I know 🙂

Happy guiding!

@OSAMA @Justine2807 @AlejandraMaria @Jesi @BishowvijayaP @HelloSamsonR did you know about this great celebration? 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 10

Hi @AriMar,

Welcome to local guides connect!

Thanks forthe information regarding no dirty dishes day! I didn't know about it!

I think I will have pizza tonight!

See you

Jul

Connect Moderator

Thank you. Interesting post, on the other hand better a little bit dirty dishes at home, than plastic or cardboard dishes. 

So, restaurant is fine...😋

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 9

HahHahahaha @AriMar , @ValeriaA_ @TorM @Julien44 ,

I like this idea so much Specially i help in dish washing sometimes 😁😁😁

As i am fasting now , i think its another idea to fast this day , 

Sandwich

Raw fruit & vegetables 🙂

Wait a moment please !!!

We have new Googler to welcome and Celebrate 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Welcome Welcome @AriMar :-))))

Level 10

Hi @OSAMA,

I like your post and espacially the "sometimes" ;-). Does it mean not too often?

In my case, I have a dishwasher ;-), so it not often at all!

Level 9

Level 10

Hello @AriMar learn from new things . thanks for share with us

South Asia few location sell food in leaf and clay pot so cleaning  tension free 😀😀😀

share with you my few picture collection

Pic: Itlibara in jack fruit leaf kolkata ,west Bengal,India

Pic: South Indian food in banana leaf

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

Level 9

Always in front @Julien44 😁☺️😁