Mdhamidmurtuza's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Maximum Photo upload for 1 place

Hii dear..

@ProfArunCM@MaxNYC@TraciC@I  want to know how much of a maximum photo can be uploaded to a place on Google Map

Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Maximum Photo upload for 1 place

@Mdhamidmurtuza as far as I can tell based on my experience, there isn't a technical limit of a maximum number of photos that can be uploaded to a place in Maps, even by a single person. However, Maps may choose to display a subset of the best photos.

Having said that, we as Local Guides should focus on uploading quality images which we feel are of value and beneficial to Maps users and the public for that place. And we try to avoid duplicating too many similar photos even if from a slightly different angle.

For example, in my opinion, when visiting a restaurant, taking different photos of different dishes or food items is more valuable than taking many photos of the store entrance. Taking photos of the different accessibility features in the place is valuable to people who need it. Taking photos of information such as opening hours, parking rates, important notices are important to potential visitors. Taking photos of the ambiance and atmosphere of the business is useful. And In the end, as long as we feel that it can be of value to others, without duplicating photos, we should/could upload and share it. 

View solution in original post

Level 10

Nothing has been specified so far as the number of photos are concerned @Mdhamidmurtuza

Level 10
Solution

@Mdhamidmurtuza as far as I can tell based on my experience, there isn't a technical limit of a maximum number of photos that can be uploaded to a place in Maps, even by a single person. However, Maps may choose to display a subset of the best photos.

Having said that, we as Local Guides should focus on uploading quality images which we feel are of value and beneficial to Maps users and the public for that place. And we try to avoid duplicating too many similar photos even if from a slightly different angle.

For example, in my opinion, when visiting a restaurant, taking different photos of different dishes or food items is more valuable than taking many photos of the store entrance. Taking photos of the different accessibility features in the place is valuable to people who need it. Taking photos of information such as opening hours, parking rates, important notices are important to potential visitors. Taking photos of the ambiance and atmosphere of the business is useful. And In the end, as long as we feel that it can be of value to others, without duplicating photos, we should/could upload and share it. 

Google Moderator

Hello @Mdhamidmurtuza,

Thanks for reaching out. Please read @StephenAbraham's reply who thoroughly explained there is no limit to uploading photos of one place on Google Maps.

We encourage you to search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 

However, if you have done that but still have not found an appropriate answer,  you can always tag a  Google or Connect Moderator for assistance instead of people who are not mentioned in these posts.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hello @StephenAbraham @Mdhamidmurtuza @MoniDi @ProfArunCM Why Google Maps app crash when I try to upload more than 200 photos of a single place.