IshantHP_ig's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Mata Vaishno Devi Temple, Katra, Jammu & Kashmir

Caption: Actual view of Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine, Katra, Jammu & Kashmir, India (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).Caption: Actual view of Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine, Katra, Jammu & Kashmir, India (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).

Mata Vaishno Devi Temple, Katra, Jammu & Kashmir, India 

The Vaishno devi srine is located in Katra in northern Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K). The temple has a elevation of about 1584.96 m from the sea level. There are total 4 number of temples inside the shrine.

Caption: Visitors from different states of India clicking pictures of the temple (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).Caption: Visitors from different states of India clicking pictures of the temple (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).

Every year thousands of pilgrimages came here from different states of India because it is be believed that if some someone pray here without any greed then his/her soul get a satisfaction. I travelled by foot at the elevated mountains track about 9 to 10 hours because if you not given any pain to your body then how can you achieve the way to the heaven.

Caption: The amazing view of whole Katra town, Jammu & Kashmir, India (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).Caption: The amazing view of whole Katra town, Jammu & Kashmir, India (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).

Mata Vaishno devi temple also known as Mata Rani Trikuta and Vaishnavi is a manifestation of the Hindu Goddess Mata Chandni/Durga. The word mata/maa is taken from Hindi which means mother.

Caption: Mata Vaishno Devi shrine, a complete view (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).Caption: Mata Vaishno Devi shrine, a complete view (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).Vaishno Devi mandir ( in hindi the meaning of temple is mandir) is a Hindu temple dedicated to the Hindu Goddess, located in Katra at the Trikuta Mountains in Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir.

Caption: The sacred view of Trikuta Mountains on which Mata Vaishno Devu shrine is situated ( Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).Caption: The sacred view of Trikuta Mountains on which Mata Vaishno Devu shrine is situated ( Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).

How to reach Mata Vaishno Devi temple?

• The temple is about 13.5 Km from Katra.

• Various modes of transportation are also available from Katra to Mata Vaishno devi temple including electric vehicle, ropeway and Palkhi.

Helicopter services are also available up to Sanjichhat which is 9.5 Km from Katra.

Caption: Helicopter service available at Katra , Jammu & Kashmir , India.Caption: Helicopter service available at Katra , Jammu & Kashmir , India.

Nearby Railway station: Jammu Tawi ( which is 47 Km away from Katra).

It takes about 2 hours to complete this journey by train and 1 hours 30 minutes by own vehichle.

JAI MATA DI!

Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra, Katra, Jammu and Kashmir
24 comments
Level 10

Re: Mata Vaishno Devi Temple, Katra, Jammu & Kashmir

@IshantHP_ig

Hi Ishant'

Excellent review on Mata Vaishno Devi Temple. Photographes are too good. Which camera you used? 

Thanks & Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Level 9

So nice view!

Thank you @IshantHP_ig for sharing .How long did you stay here!?

Best wishes,

Inga

Level 9

Connect Moderator

Great post with good information and photos @IshantHP_ig thanks for sharing.

Google Moderator

Hello @IshantHP_ig,

Thank you for tagging me and sharing your experience. The feeling when you achieve something is always satisfactory.

I am sure that the information you provided will be useful to other Local Guides. 

Did you visit the temple alone or you were with some friends or family? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @IshantHP_ig,

Thanks for tagging me.

The nature and temple look great! Congratulations on your personal achievement to walk by feet so long time! I wish you to have many more enjoyable trips.

I really liked the fact that you can use a helicopter to travel around that area. Do you know how much is the price?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Thank you for sharing @IshantHP_ig, Very nice temple you have visited. This is 9-10 hour by feet very long ways, did you stay there for the night? How many friends john the trip with you?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @IshantHP_ig,

Thanks for the tag, your post is amazing.

Are you travelling a lot in India? What is your favorite place?

PS: In the future, please try to not over tag the Google Moderators, because it can be considered as harassment.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!