IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Master RECAP - ♿ Worldwide - Meet-up to help others get around in October

Untitled-1.jpg

Getting inspired by @TraciC  accessibility meet-up series held last year, I decided to host a worldwide accessibility meet-up this year and I was delighted by the enthusiasm shown by my fellow local guides.

It has been so interesting to read from people who think alike for a good cause.

I would like to thank  @Kamalhasnainee@KashifMisidia@DavidTito@nazeem@EmekaUlor for taking the move in implementing this worldwide initiative.

Kamalhasnainee has hosted such a pleasing meet up with very illustrative pictures of various places in his town. Also, he has mentioned there are several initiatives undertaken by their government to upgrade the facilities for differently able people. It's, of course, a glad news.

[Recap] Let’s Update The Accessibility Status!

Kamal with fellow local guidesKamal with fellow local guides

Also, Kashif from karachi has written a heart touching recap with his personal experience in taking care of his dad with much love. of course, there are several incidents each one of us face in our daily life.

[Recap] Accessibility Walk : Let's Help Thousands In Karachi

Wheelchair accessible entranceWheelchair accessible entrance

I'm glad that myself did an accessibility meet-up in Batticaloa and did a knowledge sharing session to visually impaired people from a nonprofit organization.

[RECAP] Worldwide - Meet-up to help others get around in October

Ilankovan and fellow local guides updated  accessibility infoIlankovan and fellow local guides updated accessibility info

Also, David has done a very informative meet up around Perth gathering almost every bits and pieces of his town starting from bus stops to roads, underground elevators, and those upcoming projects as well. this was really inspiring.

[Recap] "Help Others Around In October" Meet-up in Perth WA

David updated some accessibility infoDavid updated some accessibility info

Also, Nazeem my Sri Lankan mate has hosted a fruitful meet up which I also got a chance to join. we both together did some map editing too.

[RECAP] Worldwide - Join hands to help millions [Nugegoda, Sri Lanka]

Nazeem and Ilankovan updated some accessibility infoNazeem and Ilankovan updated some accessibility info

Emeka our accessibility champion hosted one after connect live in San Francisco

Recap:Accessibility Walk San Francisco

Emeka hosted meetup in San Francisco.Emeka hosted meetup in San Francisco.

This is one specialty of Local guides connect I would say. Isn't it really impressive to have such a number of friends who join hands together with you for a good cause. let's all hope for a better world for those in need.

Let's all join hands to create "A better world for wheels on Google maps"

Sri Lanka
6 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Master RECAP - ♿ Worldwide - Meet-up to help others get around in October

Thank you for sharing such a nice recap @IlankovanT. I am really happy to see  so many people caring about accessibility, you are amazing!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Thank you very much @Ivi_Ge, I'm planning to host this campaign every year 🙂
we have @EmekaUlor accessibility meet-ups in this December too.

Level 8

@IlankovanT Thank you kindly for bringing me to be a part of this important meetup, I will always be here for any further meet-ups or anything like this one in the near future just let me know, thanks again @IlankovanT I look forward to the next adventure.  

Level 9

Thank you for your kind words @DavidTito 😊

Please check @EmekaHouse accessibility meet-ups in this December. I'm also planning to host one.

Connect Moderator

@IlankovanT Its a so valuable Meet Up dear bro. I am so inspired by your accessibility meet up.  I am tried to joining with you like @EmekaUlor to make the world accessible. Here is my First accessibility Meet Up Let's Map Accessibility.  Hope I will continue it as a series of Meet Up in my country.  

Lets Map Accessibility...

Happy Guiding!

Level 9

Wow. good job @ShafiulB, welcome to the Accessibility club 🙂

I'm also hosting one in December 🙂