CarmineDpC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Marvellous piece of art in Todi

Entering into the concattedrale of the Santissima Annunziata, on the counter-face, this "Giudizio Universale" by Ferraù di Faenza (called Faenza) in the late 16th century is a marvel of pictorial art. The concattedrale of the Santissima Annunziata is the most important Catholic place in Todi. It’s located in Piazza del Popolo and is also known by the name of Duomo.
The Cathedral of Todi is named after Santa Maria Assunta and looks at the city from above. Probably built in the eleventh century, on the remains of a pre-existing church, is in “Lombard style”. It was almost completely renewed in the XIII-XV centuries, thus losing some original features. Modified in the sixteenth century, it was transformed in the mid-nineteenth century, and restored between the 1953-1958.Concatedrale Santissima Annunziata - TodiConcatedrale Santissima Annunziata - Todi

Giudizio UniversaleGiudizio Universale

Piazza del Popolo, Todi, PG, Italia
4 comments
Level 9

Re: Marvellous piece of art in Todi

Nice paint art @CarmineDpC

Google Vendor

Really interesting facts about the Concatedrale Santissima Annunziata. Thank you for sharing your photos with us @CarmineDpC. It is indeed an astonishing piece of art.

By the way, I changed the topic label to Travel, as it fits better there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Thank you so much @AbdullahAM and @InaS 

every time I going to visit towns I love find arts pieces of history, culture and museum. Italy is a fantastic place where, almost in every corner, you can find wonderful witnesses of the millennial culture of this country. As time permitting me I will make a post with many many beautiful church in Italy (and also out). 

Google Vendor

That's great @CarmineDpC, keep up sharing with us your experiences. We are eager to see more posts from you.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!