TheEagleEye's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Marionettes

Puppetry and marionette exhibitions for children and adults are very popular in the Czech Republic. The puppet museum in Prague offers the largest collection in the world.

A marionette is a puppet controlled from above using wires or strings depending on regional variations.

The National Marionette Theatre in Prague is excellent and well worth to visit when you are in Prague. https://goo.gl/maps/2UZ7YwSU2b42

MarionetteMarionette

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Prague 1, Czechia
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Marionettes

Hey @TheEagleEye,

Thank you for sharing this great photo with us.

I really like marionettes. Did you visit the exhibition? Are there many children going to this exhibition? For how long is it going to be in the puppet museum in Prague?

By the way, I have redacted the website that you have shared, because it can be considered as spam, however you can share the Google Maps link of the museum instead.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 8

Hello @TheEagleEye

Superb Photo 🙂 Thanks For Shearing !!

India Gujarat also Museum and My favorite palace Dolls Museum

Hi @TheEagleEye

I didn't know that Czech Republic was so fond with marionette. Is this a tradition that is passed on from father to son?

In Italy there is a similar tradition in Sicily with "Pupi", marionettes that recall the epic poem "Raging Roland" by Ludovico Ariosto. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @MoniV.

Yes I have been to exhibition and the theatre show. Both are very good and worth the visit. It is a permanent exhibition and show.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.

This is great @TheEagleEye, if I have the opportunity to go there I will definitely take my kids with me 🙂

Thank you for the information.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!