MariosL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Maps rejected - Suddenly spheres do not show publicly

@JackieSV Can't touch you. My answer does not show. Fix the problem or send me your e-mail to answer you

Level 6

@JackieSV Again my best ACROPOLIS 1,5M views  sphere, is rejected !!!

What is going with me and my photos Jackie ?

1. ACROPOLIS - PARTHENON South-West view,
1,5 M views !!!
https://www.google.com/maps/@37.9712611,23.7260083,0a,75y/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1s-w9pXSkuhKGo%2FVR6Ou5C...

IMG_7371.PNG

Level 9

@JackieSV I am also getting same problems. Recently I have uploaded a few 360 pics by using my LG360- cam. So far I uploaded a total of 131 photo spheres. Now I see 114 photos approved out of 131/ I do not know why some pics which I uploaded yesterday or few days before suddenly got rejected. 

Please help me. I think its happening due to a bug in street view app.

Thanks,

Shaunak 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 5

@MariosL wrote:

@YK1001 .. and of course if somebody has reported this, it should have be done so, obviously, just to throw out of competition a 1,4 M views sphere .. And of course this should have not be accepted by Google!

That's interesting - I just noticed that my most popular PhotoSphere (22m hits) has become "Maps rejected" despite being accepted and live on Google Maps for over two years. Could it really be that someone with too much time on their hands has filed a report against it ?

Googler

Hi folks, sorry for some long delay in responses.

@MariosL: I believe your photo is back in Maps. Sorry about the trouble.

@DrShaunak, @RonanJ: If you can share some links, I can help look into this. However, sometimes the photos that come from the LG cam are less than the required 14MP (https://www.google.com/streetview/privacy/#publishing-acceptance-criteria, see "Image Clarity and Quality")

Level 9

@JackieSV Thanks for your help. Yes, my problem is solved. All of my rejected 360 pics are now back to maps. Thank you again. 🙂 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 5

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @MariosL,

The watermark of your photos is a URL to a blog.

Do you think this will trigger reporting of bad contents?

@YK1001  I do no understand this. Is there a problem? Where is a bad content?

Level 5

@MariosL wrote:

OK @JackieSV

"It also appears like a person has been added into some of these photos that have been rejected"

Tell the Google team Jackie that they have my permission to blur the face or all the body of this person 

or

if I can do this myself, instruct me the way to 

or

Let me, my self, get completely out of the images this person and send you back the new ones to replace the old defectives ..

You see Jackie my interest is, and I think that Google agrees with that too, NOT to loose publicly, the 2 million views of these adorable spheres and give them back to the public to enjoy them. As you also can understand, this is my reward and inner satisfaction for the job I have done and I am sure that Google is agreeing, that giving back to the public these spheres with their millions of views, is quite fair to me, who I have spent thousands of hours to prepare these images, especially for Google Maps just "to help millions of people" as Google has repeatedly written on mailing me thanks and congratulations for that !

After searching all my staff, I spotted Jackie another 10 spheres being rejected by Maps and I will inform you about these in due time after you answer to me about my previous thoughts of how we can restore the right way the images we are dealing with and give them back to the public

As far as it concerns the inappropriate location of some images, I shall check this and I will restore the right ones in order the system to accept these and approve for public view.

Thanks so much Jackie for helping !

This is very interesting to read. It seems like a complete lack of communication.

Level 8

Hi @Dontcry43,

In the Guide Lines, there are details on what kind of information we can overlay to our PhotoSpheres, and where they can be overlayed.

For example, email address, phone number are not allowed, thus their existence in the overlays, will be considered as bad content.

When there are bad content, if can trigger an autiautom filter.  Or it will trigger a LGs to manually report it.

Then of course, back to the original discussion, the big question is:. Will an URL to a website be considered as bad content? 

Level 5

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @Dontcry43,

In the Guide Lines, there are details on what kind of information we can overlay to our PhotoSpheres, and where they can be overlayed.

For example, email address, phone number are not allowed, thus their existence in the overlays, will be considered as bad content.

When there are bad content, if can trigger an autiautom filter.  Or it will trigger a LGs to manually report it.

Then of course, back to the original discussion, the big question is:. Will an URL to a website be considered as bad content?