Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Map-A-Charity (PopupArtClass)

Map-A-Charity (PopupArtClass)

Motherless Babies Home

Lekki Phase I, Lagos, Nigeria

March 30, 2019 @ 10:00 (WAT)

As part of my ongoing Map-A-Charity series (on behalf of October Orange Initiative), I thought to introduce a new twist to the series by introducing pop up art classes that will be held at various charitable homes that cater to children. This particular meetup will be focused on visiting the Motherless Babies Home in Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria. The intention is to introduce the kids to the world of art and get them to appreciate art for what it is, whilst also helping them have fun at the same time. From a local guides perspective, part of the learning points will be understanding the real needs of these homes and bringing attention to how as individuals and a community we can help to make the lives of these children that much better by getting the 'community' to contribute to their needs. Also, as Local Guides the intention is to use Google Maps in ensuring these homes are properly mapped and using relevant hashtags to bring them attention when people conduct searches. All that is asked of you when coming for this meetup is a large and open heart so that we can all spread genuine love. But of course, if you have items to donate to the Motherless Babies Home Lekki, please do feel free to come along with such items. Thank you.

RSVP here

Lekki Phase I, Lagos, Nigeria
13 comments
Level 8

Re: Map-A-Charity (PopupArtClass)

@Sayo This is such a good initiative you've created, I hope more people turn up so that you can share your love to the children... I would love to introduce such initiative in our community here in Kenya too. Have a successful meet up in Lagos

Connect Moderator

Hi @Sayo 

I'm looking forward to this day.

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Sayo,

Thank you for arranging this meet-up! What an amazing initiative to introduce children to art, offer help as a community and include the homes via Google Maps. 

Best of luck for a successful and fun event! Looking forward to your recap. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

This is lovely, I look forward to being part of this.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @emmandus  and @questkv,

Just as a reminder that you can tag Connect members in your posts by writing @ before their name so they can receive this way a notification and know that you are trying to communicate with them directly.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@PoliMC Thanks for this tip!

Level 8

Thank you so much @questkv for you kind comments. Really looking forward to making a difference. It would be lovely to see the Map-A-Charity (PopupArtClass) happen in Kenya. Please do keep me posted in that regard and who knows, I might be able to turn up. Cheers.

Level 8

Thanks @Sagir Eagerly looking forward to the day. See you on d-day.

Level 8

Thank you so much @AlexaAC I will definitely keep you posted on the meetup recap.