aaryesdee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Mangroves at Baratang

#letsguide

Mangroves is a tropical coastal vegetation which is very essential for eco system. Mangroves protect the land from soil erosion, from storm, floods and other natural disasters. Their entangled roots prevents soil erosion and trapping land waste coming into water. They also act as habitats for several bird species. Mangroves are protected world over.Mangroves at BaratangMangroves at Baratang

Mangroves at BaratangMangroves at Baratang

R S Dev
Baratang, Andaman and Nicobar Islands
9 comments
Google Vendor

Re: Mangroves at Baratang

Thank you for sharing these photos with us @aaryesdee. Do you know what for species they are habitat? How many types of Mangroves can you find in Baratang?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@InaS

Sincerely speaking, I haven't asked further details about the Mangroves to our tour guide. But as per my geberag knowledge, there are more than 30 varities of Mangroves and I could figure out few habitats like crabs, fishes, honey bee, and birds.

Thanks for visiting and enlightening my GK. 

R S Dev
Former Google Contributor

Very nice, Thank you for sharing these pictures with us. 

@aaryesdee Have you ever plant mangrove? Did you travel only by boat to visited there? How often do you visit this place?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@Aruni

Thanks for your visit and comment.

I have travelled by boat from Baratang and it's my first time to Andaman Nicobar Island.

R S Dev
Former Google Contributor

Hi @aaryesdee,

Very nice, Have fun and don't forget to share your experience here.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Google Vendor

Really interesting fact that there are so many types of Mangroves at Baratang @aaryesdee. Thank you for your reply. Keep up sharing and contributing!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

I enjoy your photo @aaryesdee thank you for sharing

Indonesian connoisseurs from Indonesia
Level 10

Wow... Saya suka hutan mangroves. Ini benteng alamiah. Di beberapa wilayah Indonesia, hutan ini masih banyak. Bahkan beberapa lagi mulai ditanam Bakau. 

Di pantai utara Jakarta, ibukota negara kami masih sangat baik. Binatang liar seperti monyet dan burung berkembang biak. 

Salam

FJoe

Google Vendor

Hi @RiverDefender,

Just as a reminder, don't forget when responding to others make sure to tag them (by writing @ before their names) in a post so they can receive notifications that you are communicating with them.