Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Manchester LG: Feb 2019 MeetUp

Manchester LG: Feb 2019 MeetUp

Station Road

Station Rd, Clitheroe BB7, UK

February 02, 2019 @ 11:00 (GMT)

Clitheroe is an ancient market town presided over by its nearly 1000 year old castle. It is 30 miles north of Manchester City Centre, but completely different in character. Come and explore its wonderful photographic opportunities.

Provisional Plan:

Meet Clitheroe Station (arrival gate) 1100 (Train from Victoria 09:41 - or adequate free local street parking BB7 2DZ)

1100-1145 Wander via Platform Gallery (craft exhibition) and traditional open market (Photos) or have a coffee.

1145-1230 Byrnes Wine Shop: long established ultra traditional wine shop: Cellar Guided Tour and Wine Tasting (Photos of rustic wine cellars)

1230-1315 Chocolateers - chocolate drink and talk by shop owner

1315-1445 TopHat Tours guided history walk of Clitheroe including jet engine invention and climb the castle. (Photos in many locations especially from castle)

1445-1600 Holmes Mill (last working mill in Clitheroe now tastefully redeveloped): eatery, cinema, Bowland Food Hall with local Lancashire produce (indoor photos of old mill workings). Wander round Food Hall and eat in Chimney Room before formal finish at 1600 (Clitheroe Station 1625 Manchester Victoria 1741)

Cost: I have negotiated tours and trips for free. The only costs will be getting here and drinks/meals. Wear sensible winter clothes. It’s windy ‘oop t’cassel’.

For those wishing to stay a little longer or even into the evening there is a micro pub to investigate, and several quaint, more traditional pubs and restaurants.

RSVP here

Station Rd, Clitheroe BB7, UK
20 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Manchester LG: Feb 2019 MeetUp

Hi @PeteMHW,

I have just released your post from the spam quarantine. I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our filters are very sensitive and run 24/7 . You can visit this article to learn more - Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

Wish you good luck with your meet-up! Have fun and don't forget to share your photos here 🙂

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Really looking forward to visiting Clitheroe @PeteMHW; a castle and a brewery is my perfect day out. We'll be there overnight so plenty of time for after drinks and a Sunday walk.

Level 5

Hi Pete. This sounds ace. I am looking forward to visiting your home town. Thanks for organising!

Zoe

Level 7

Thanks @RadieN.      Always good to know things are being checked by real people!!

Level 7

Thanks @deadmanjones      It’ll be great to have you here and show you around!

Level 7

Yaay @ZoeOooe   Looking forward to having you here and showing off the delights of Clitheroe!

Connect Moderator

Yay! The line up is fantastic @PeteMHW!! Can you host all our events from now on please?!? Speaking of which.. January 16th Meal Meetup could really do with an organiser!! 😊😉

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 7

Thanks @AdrianLunsong. Great that you’re coming. I think organising one and getting used to the vagaries of GoogleThings is enough for me for now. 

Google Moderator

Hi @PeteMHW,

That looks like a great plan. So many different experiences in one day, wish I could attend, too. 🙂

Already looking forward to your recap!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!