Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Manchester LG: Dec 2018 Meetup

Manchester LG: Dec 2018 Meetup

The Wharf

6 Slate Wharf, Manchester M15 4ST, UK

December 20, 2018 @ 19:00 (GMT)

Twas a few nights before Christmas, when all through The Wharf,

All Local Guides were eating, all having a laugh!

The questions were made all with care,

By Santa himself (aka Iain) our quiz master extraordinaire!

From his sorting hat, your team will be chosen;

Are you Team Elf, Team Reindeer, either are golden.

In this epic quiz, beloved Santa will find,

Who amongst his helpers, are the most divine!

On 20th December, Manchester Local Guides are hosting a Xmas Quiz Nite at The Wharf from 7pm onwards, pitting Team Elf against Team Reindeer to find out who knows Manchester best!

Also, we are having a meal and drinks (at your own expense) to celebrate a great year that we've had as a group. Iain, the quiz master, is the true host for the night (this is essentially his event but he's tech phobic!) and I am helping him do the boring admin stuff!

Places are limited and as it is Christmas season, the food order needs to be placed as soon as possible! There's a deposit of £5 to pay up front and food order needs to be in by the 10th Dec.

Link for the menu: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a5FStehdpNQksfuCuNxT1X5kj1kMRXw7)

Dress code is "Christmas"; embrace it and go wild with your outfit! Bring along some festive cheer and smiles! It's going to be fun!

The last event of the year, for our dear Local Guides,

There will be much cheer, much fun, much delight!

In case you have to give it a miss, can't get a cheap flight,

Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

RSVP here

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
6 Slate Wharf, Manchester M15 4ST, UK
7 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Manchester LG: Dec 2018 Meetup

Hi @AdrianLunsong,

The description of this meet-up put me in a very festive mood! I'll turn on the lights on my Christmas tree, and kick up my feet with a cup of hot chocolate tonight. 🙂

I'm sure you're going to have a ton of good time, but don't forget to share it here with us later, too!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Thanks @DeniGu! Although I am absolutely rubbish at quizes I am definitely looking forward to this meet up! I am fairly familiar with places to go and eat in Manchester but I suspect the quiz will be on history, famous Mancunians, etc which will be tough! That said, at least I can learn more about this fair city!!! Win for all! 

Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
Connect Moderator

Such a cool meet-up idea @AdrianLunsong! 😊

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Connect Moderator

Thanks @SP31! It should be fun and I'm hoping the place is decked out in loads of Christmas decor! 🙂 Christmas and Halloween are my two favourite holidays! 

Google Moderator

Sounds fantastic, @AdrianLunsong! And your excitement about the meet-up got me excited, too. 🙂 🙂

Looking forward to some interesting titbits about Manchester!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Hey @TARSUS! I see that you've signed up for the event! Will you be in Manchester? You came to one of our events in January so just wanted to check to be sure! We have a full table at the moment and I'm not sure if you'll be able to order food (the order needs to be placed in advance). Could you let me know if you are attending so that I can find out if we can make more space. Thanks!! 

Level 10

Go team elves! The ever gregarious Iain was a great and generous quizmaster, and we had our secret weapon Peter in the final round. Thanks so much for the Christmas pud @AdrianLunsong!