LawrenceAxilC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Making a Guide for your Hood!

Hi Guides! I've started knitting all of my Guides suggestions into a overall neighborhood guide, and I was wondering if other Guides have done are are considering doing the same. The idea is kind of like a living travel brochure, but built by us for us, from the ground up, of each area or part of town! So just FYI, here's how I've started my guide to the Richmond District here in San Fran. I've mentioned it to our local supervisor, who's excited about supporting the project and Google Guides as a way to promote the neighborhood. Please let me know what you think! "Welcome to the Richmond District! Our neighborhood is worth every minute you spend exploring it. Of all the distinct sections of this dense yet open city, this is certainly “the land that time forgot.” Nestled amidst the standard high quality culinary fare any native San Franciscan has come to expect are some very unusual coffee houses and eateries -- some strange, mostly inexpensive, all wonderful..." And it goes from there. 

Richmond District, San Francisco, CA, United States
1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: Making a Guide for your Hood!

Hi @LawrenceAxilC! I think it's a cool idea - best way probably executed through the lists function on Google Maps, have you thought about using that? You can name them anything you want, share them, and continuously add places of interest. It's one of my favorite additions in the past year. 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall