HiroyukiTakisawa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Making a 360-degree camera mounted helmet Part 2

Making a 360-degree camera mounted helmet Part 2Making a 360-degree camera mounted helmet Part 2

This is a sequel post of 'Making a 360-degree camera mounted helmet' and 'Using a 360-degree camera mounted helmet with a bicycle'. This time, I improved the helmet, 'Takisawamet'. (Lately, the helmet has been called 'Takisawamet' in the Japanese community.)

Takisawamet  is a very useful tool for taking Street Views. The helmet mounted with a 360-degree camera on top  has a wide view, and I could take a stable video for Street View. To be sure, it is one of the good choices for taking Street View.

However, it also had tiny issues with weight and mobility. For solving them, I came up with using a foldable helmet.

Materials and working

I named this 'Takisawamet 2'. It made from a foldable helmet, a ball head, and a screw. And tools were an electric drill for making a hole and a cutter for cutting the inside styrofoam.

Materials and workingMaterials and working

Comparing

ComparingComparing

Takisawamet 2

Takisawamet

Size (W / L / H)

220*303*140(90)mm

220*270*180mm

Weight

487g

717g

The difference in the weight is 230g. I can easily bring it with a compact bag. 

Shooting

The helmet that I used for the base is a high-quality helmet, I can use it in a disaster too. So it has very good adjustment features. The stability was very nice even if I set a camera with a selfie stick. This is a result of it. 

ShootingShooting

URL: https://youtu.be/P1XYHNyruJE 

Shooted device: Theta V (v 3.10.1) Video mode

Conclusion

Thanks to using the Takisawamet 2, I became able to take Street View with ease. Let's have fun trying to take Street View with fun!

Japan
33 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Making a 360-degree camera mounted helmet Part 2

[Japanese version] カメラマウントヘルメットを作ろう Part 2

カメラマウントヘルメット、通称「タキサワメット」を進化させた「タキサワメット2」を作成しましたのでご紹介します。

前回作成したタキサワメットは非常に有益なツールでしたが、いくつかの欠点もありました。それらを解決するため、タキサワメット2では折りたたみ式のヘルメットをベースとすることで安定性はそのままに、持ち運びやすさと重量の問題を解決し、より使いやすいカメラマウントヘルメットにしました。

使った素材と加工

使用したのは折りたたみ式ヘルメット、自由雲台、ネジの3点です。構造は非常にシンプルで、折りたたみ式のヘルメットに穴を開けて、小さ目の自由雲台を設置しただけです。必要な道具は電動ドリルと内側の発泡スチロールを切り取るのに利用したカッターのみでした。雲台の固定はネジ止めだけですので外すのも簡単です。

比較

タキサワメット2

タキサワメット

大きさ(W/L/H)

220*303*140(90)mm

220*270*180mm

重量

487g

717g

重量差は驚きの230gとなりました。

撮影

実際に撮影を行いました。今回ベースとして利用したヘルメットは災害時に利用できる程高性能なヘルメットであるため、様々なアジャスト機能を使ってしっかりと固定することができます。カメラを設置してもその安定性に問題はありませんでした。

まとめ

タキサワメット2を使用することでStreet View撮影をより気軽にできるようになりました。みなさんも楽しんでStreet View撮影に挑戦してみましょう!

Level 9

Hi @HiroyukiTakisawa thank you for sharing. You are really taking it to another level now, you make me to be jealous...lol. This helmet looks great, I never knew about a foldable helmet. Your camera looks a bit too high, did you connect your selfie stick too? The last time I made my own helmet to mount my camera, I had to buy one of the action cameras, the cheap one, which comes with pack of mounting accessories, since I did not know where to buy the mounting screw that connects to the camera.

You guys are always challenging me, which is a good thing. Travelling with a helmet may be a big issue as it consume a lot of space, but if you are using a foldable one, it makes it even more easier to fit in any small bag. I will try to find one locally to see what it looks like. Cheers!

Connect Moderator

Thank you for your comment!
I was surprised by your comment. Yes, when I took the SV, I forgot Theta's extension adapter (Tiny stick). So I used a selfie stick instead of it. 
In fact, I was in trouble that I cannot upload a video for making SV. So I had been confirming how to take it for a few days. The above day was the last day, and I finally found the way. 
Of course, I think using an extension adapter is the best. This is a photo using an extension adapter. (I have removed me from the photo.) How is this?

Btw, you may be able to see the real helmet soon;-)
Level 9

Hi @HiroyukiTakisawa wow, this is perfect!!! how did you remove your self, which software did you use?

Connect Moderator

What an upgrade, @HiroyukiTakisawa ! Very very nice - I wish I was as crafty as you haha. You hit one of my most important aspects in terms of video: stability, and from watching the video it seems pretty great! Definitely more stylish in my opinion too.

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Connect Moderator

Hi, @Raphael-Mahumane 

I'm using Photoshop:-)

Connect Moderator

Hello, @SP31 
I'm happy to hear that:-) Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable