GhazalaShah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Making Itineraries on Google Maps

I tried to make a tour Itinerary on Google maps but I found that there are many deficiencies in making a helpful Itinerary on maps. 

As a first step, I went on adding stops in the route but I could add only enter 10 stops (from A-I). In some tours the route is not so simple to have maximum 10 stops. Can someone guide me on how to make a great Itinerary for long tours on Maps?

6 comments
Level 9

Re: Making Itineraries on Google Maps

Hello @GhazalaShah

You can create a list in google maps or download Google trips app for the same. Please feel free to ask anything else you want. 

Good Luck. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

@deepakjhic yes downloaded the Google trips but could not use it for long time, so uninstalled. I will get it again and then see if it is helpful. Thanks for your support. 

Google Moderator

Hello @GhazalaShah,

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I would like to suggest you to take a look at this article - Get directions and show routes where you can find useful information and how to make your customize route. 

If you are interested feel free to check out 4 tips for creating better lists on Google Maps and How to create & share lists of places on Google Maps.

If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask! I hope these will help you!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Hi @GhazalaShah as well as the other good suggestions you've had you can also use Google MyMaps which will let you have any number of points and routes that you want. MyMaps is a little more primitive than lists and some of things that are automated in lists are manual in MyMaps.

https://mymaps.google.com/

Level 10

Thanks @PaulPavlinovich let me check this option someday & then I will share how did it help. @Ivi_Ge yes making lists I have tried a few times, it's good but it may not provide a full, great feeling of an Itinerary as I have in mind..you know 🙂. Yet it somewhat serves the purpose..thank you ☘🍃🐚🐛

Level 10

Yes @deepakjhic list option is undoubtedly helpful but not as great and enjoyable as a typical Itinerary could be..