JillE's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Making Google’s travel itineraries more wheelchair accessible

The Paris link you have provided is still not  working .

What I see is Google search.

@JillE

Former Google Contributor

Sorry to hear that - I can show you how it looks as a screenshot while I look into the fix

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 4.54.38 PM.png

@ShravanJain wrote:

The Paris link you have provided is still not  working .

What I see is Google search.

@JillE

Level 9

Level 8

Good initiative @JillE

I always check the wheelchair accessibility of each place I visited and included in my review to get more reach. 

Level 9

Thanks @JillE

For sharing fantastic post

Cheers

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦

Level 8

This is fantastic and greatly needed. Let us all unite and help each other in anyway possible :-).

It would be awesome if wheelchair accessibility became a separate option within each company/place in Maps. With one click see how accessible it truly is.

Connect Moderator

@JillEthank you for this wonderful post and a call to action.

The world needs to make accessibility a priority especially in developing worlds.

Following my personal experience and encounter with Google Maps, I have contributed in providing authentic information on accessibility. My childhood friend is a motivation force for me. I want people like him to be happy anywhere they find themselves. His movement unassisted gives him independence and joy. Let us do more!

I have filled the survey too. Here is my post on the Global Accessibility Awareness Day!

xoxo

Emeka

Level 8

thanks @JillE interesting topic, it's always dynamic information, it can be changed and updated anytime....

It seems like you should make a difference recommendation between Sidewalks Route with some point to point And  Places destination with accessible attributes

-Most of destinations in this Itinerary is wheelchair friendly but not all Itinerary have point to point access friendly beetwen places recomendations
-Some of destination don't have complete accessible features.

So, regarding to ypur Survey, Yes, I'd like this feature

• A symbol or color coding system which showed you how wheelchair accessible the day plan was overall.
  • A symbol on each place or stop, which indicated if it features any accessible attributes (such as toilet, entrance, or elevator)

Wheelchair User Travel Itineraries Survey is a must , but i thinks gmap should makes a categories like Photo Categories for every images that have accessible attributes information 

in example same feature   " Categories Tab/Menu On Restourant"

just let us know, Local Guides Jakarta Community will be on hand to provide you with path or recommendation information in Google My Maps ,

thank you 

(Balai Kota  2-22) Bus Stop in Jakarta City Center , has accessible attributes and mark with Green Color(Balai Kota 2-22) Bus Stop in Jakarta City Center , has accessible attributes and mark with Green Color

(Balai Kota  2-22)  with Wheelchair Sign - https://transjakarta.co.id/peta-rute/(Balai Kota 2-22) with Wheelchair Sign - https://transjakarta.co.id/peta-rute/

Level 7

Thanks for nice shared @JillE 

Level 8

@JillE really nice share. I have filled out all the possible surveys.