Debanath26's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards

I think local guide with level >5 must be given an official local guide T-shirt so that people can recognize them or at least a certificate of appreciation and guide with level 10 must be given something special other than giftcard or discount coupons 

35 Comments
Level 7

Hey everyone! I’m Rishab Garg and I’m the the Local Guide on google maps. I had such a good or bad experience on this platform within 2 months but the benefits provided by google that's not worth able .They are sending me the stickers of animals and one local guide sticker . I like this platform by helping others by giving them the exact information what they want and it makes me feel good to help others but the gift send by the google is not worth able for me . Google is appreciating for my work and I also like that but the gift sent by the google was not up to the mark. So I am requesting Google to please provide those things which are beneficial for us or motivate us .Stickers cannot motivate me as a gift . 

Please share your thoughts about my opinion whether I  am right or wrong..... It was just my opinion towards the google perks/gifts.LOCAL GUIDE STICKERSLOCAL GUIDE STICKERS

Connect Moderator

Dear @Rishab7

We all understand where you at and what you are going through, but if I could sum it all up, then perhaps the very first thing all of us knew about Google Maps in general, local guides program in particular was that its a VOLUNTEER work, which means its absolutely free and we only contribute not because we are expecting anything from Google, but because that's who we are and we love giving a little something back to the community. 

On that very note my friend, I guess its fair to say that maybe that is the biggest value that sets us apart from rest of the community. We are happy that Google provided us with tools and platform to do a bigger community service that we could not do otherwise. 

Finally, yes it feel amazing when you get some perks or gifts from Google (though it was never promised) and one would expect a Pixel phone for their contributions every year but for most of us those stickers carry the same value and we wear them proudly ?IMG20181113102226.jpg

Cheers

Connect Moderator

Hello @Rishab7 ,

Google Maps in general, local guides program in particular was that its a VOLUNTEER work, which means its absolutely free and we only contribute not because we are expecting anything from Google, but because that's who we are and we love giving a little something back to the community. 

I m 100% agree with the words of @OmerAli , and further I want to say that local guide program and Google maps are not just a learning platforms for local guides, but the creativity also with the lot of great things & activities.

Keep contributing

Thank you.

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 7

Thanks for your opinion......

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for sharing your idea, @sourabhindian1. It's getting merged with Rewards since a similar one ahs already been shared there. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Thanks for sharing, @Rishab7. You might be happy to share with the community what kind of perks you would find motivating.

Meanwhile, your post is getting merged with Rewards. A similar topic is discussed there and you might be interested to continue the conversation there.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Hi @IrrPavlova , according to me the perks would be given as per our performance or progress towards local guides . When I saw stickers it makes me feel bad as these are just usefull for kids not for us . Google have to give something appropriate that might be usefull and motivating.

Note taken, @Rishab7. Please keep in mind that perks are offered just as a form of gratitude from time to time. Also, the biggest perk is the help to society as a whole that you offer when you make high-quality contributions.

Level 7

Hi @IrrPavlova,

At last I just want to say that it was my opinion regarding the perks , I am not working for perks that was just an opinion that's why I have posted that topic so that I can ask other local guides  about this topic  whether I am right or wrong . It was just a discussion with other members. If I had sad something wrong I am sorry for that. But my intentions was not take better perks from google. It was just an opinion.

You have said nothing wrong, @Rishab7. I'm just make sure everything is clear. 🙂 Your post has been merged here in order to make it easier for you to discuss with other interestted members of the community.